1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire wear and tear from suspension/ lift kits

Discussion in 'Tundras' started by QueenAlQ, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Jul 3, 2020 at 12:10 PM
    QueenAlQ

QueenAlQ [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 QuickSand Tundra
    I am completely new to this so please go easy I'm just looking for an honest answer to a question. I would think that having a truck that's lifted/suspension would put extra pressure on the tires.? I would have to read the manual to know the exact specifications but it's pretty lifted and the tires are 35 12.5 or 33?-At least that's what the service guy at the dealership told me. Honestly they've been pretty shady sincethebeginning like don't worry about anything we know wats wat so we'll handle it. Last night my husband tells me he thinks the tire needs air there's a nail in it I said ok stop we've gotta get air/check psi, it was like 30 maybe less I said how much are these tires supposed to have, 35 he said(-hes not mechanical type). I'm pretty sure 35 was around the psi for my Mitsubishi eclipse 5sp but kids were crying ok. I call dealer no, needs 45psi all 4tires-wat I was thinking but I'm youngish, blonde and a woman soooo. so a nail did puncture thru they patched and plugged it, I'm concerned that between the pressure from the suspension and the fact that we've had to air up the tires several times since we got it in Jan tells me either my suspicion that we'll always have to monitor the psi or something else is going on. The alignment was off, pulled to the right bad so he took it in and they adjusted it now level. I know from years of experience w mechanics especially that when u let them know that you know nothing about vehicles and act like just do watever and they try to tell u wat they did after u show that u have no interest in the situation it's watever-free game, easy$, red dot on ur forehead. So if they patched and plugged the tire wats the honest mileage to expect now bcuz I'm not buying 7-10 yrs. They don't make tires like they used to, I have never had a tire last more than 2yrs-on a vehicle, not saying it's not possible just not personally. tractor,sidebyside,4wlr excluded. Planning to drive 400+mi for 4th and want to know if that tire will make it even if it 2as done right which can't say wasn't there. Sorry for the long story so my intuition is telling me at the least we should have a good Jack and a four way but he seems to think that it's not that important which I've been in a situation where there's no cell service without a Jack or a four-way or jumper cables at different times and it's better to have them and not need them then need them and not have them. Does anybody have any advice for what I should check or ask to be checked regarding the tires and the suspension? That's the truck maybe it'll shed some light on the subject thank you

Screenshot_20200703-140908_Gallery.jpg

To Top