1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire Wheel combos with 1.75 lift...

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Blue76, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Mar 16, 2010 at 4:56 PM
    Blue76

Blue76 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner Double Cab
    Dealer installed Leather, Truck Cover USA roll up cover, Pop n Lock, Bilstein 5100's on 4 corners set at 1.75, Rear Spring TSB. USA Spec iPhone adapter, 265/75/16 Mickey Thompson ATZs.
    Couple of questions...

First, I had the TSB done today... I gained about 1.25" in the rear... I also had the dealer install 5100s all the way around with the front set at 1.75 and thats exactly what I got in lift... 1.75"... I think it looks pretty good like this.... the ride is very good.

ANYWAY... now I need tires... the 265/70/16s look kinda small.

I found this site... http://www.rimzoneonline.com/

They have what looks like some very good prices on wheels and tires. I like the XD Hoss wheels in the black machined finish... he has them for $128.00.... I also like either the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs or the Cooper Zeon LTZ.... his price is very good on those as well.

The sizes I am thinking about are 265/75/16 and possibly 275/70/17 if I go with BFG AT KOs. From what I have read the 275s will clear without rubbing... right?

Has anyone bought anything from this person? He sells on eBay and has good feedback.

Any thoughts on this combo? I am trying to stay with the 16" wheels since tires seem to be more available and a little cheaper but if 17 or 18s would be better I would like to hear why... I might change my mind.

Sorry for all the questions... I just want to do it once...

Thanks,

Greg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Mar 16, 2010 at 6:26 PM
    bb609

bb609 O.F.

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport Access Cab
    FOX 2 1/2" CO's STOCK UCA's - They used to be Icons! Icons suck!!! TSB Rear w/Bilstein 5100's - Air Lift System - Leer 550 Bedcover - Ventshades - Yota Bed Mat - Sheepskins!!! - Weathertechs
    Go with the 265/75's. Can't help with the rest, sorry.

3. Mar 16, 2010 at 6:26 PM
    Buzzoff

Buzzoff Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in

Member:
    The Nickel/5th Ward
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma DC TRD Speedway Blue
    Blacked out windows, 5100's@1.75", KMC XD Hoss795 16x8
    I have the XD Hoss 16x8 in machined/black but kept my stock Rugged Trails b/c I couldn't see throwing out new tires (check out my gallery). I also like the Cooper Zeon LTZ's but haven't seen anyone with 265/75/16. On their website it shows they carry them but I Googled it and didn't find any. Anyways, I think I'm going to go with the Goodyear Duratrac's. You should check them out, they look pretty good.

BTW I also had the rear TSB done and have the front 5100's set at 1.75

Products Discussed in

To Top