1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire/Wheel Help TRD Sport.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Snocoma, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Nov 24, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    Snocoma

Snocoma [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Sport 6-Speed Manual, AC
    Elite Offroad Front Bumper OME Suspension (3" lift)
    I am looking at getting a new set of wheels/tires for my '05 Tacoma TRD Sport. I currently am running 285/70/R17 with the stock rims and suspension (took some trimming to not have any rubbing except at full lock). I want to go down to a 275/75/R16, and get some 16" wheels. I love the look of the Black Rock Dune 941's. My only worry is contact with the calipers... I believe the stock wheels are 17x7 with a +30mm offset, and 5.5" backspacing. The Black Rock Dune 941's are 16x8 with a +13mm offset and 5.0" backspacing. This would mean the wheel would stick out about 1.17" on center I believe. (17mm + 0.5" more backspacing) But having the thinner tire (from 285 to 265), Would reduce the amount it sticks out by 0.39" on center, making the new tires stick out 0.78" further than they currently do. I was just hoping someone had some insight on this, and advice as to whether or not it'll work. I tried to be as detailed as possible. Thanks!

2. Nov 24, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    Snocoma

Snocoma [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Sport 6-Speed Manual, AC
    Elite Offroad Front Bumper OME Suspension (3" lift)
    Sorry typo. The new tire is going to be a 265/75/R16. Also, I my calcs for offset and backspacing are wrong... Here is a link to the site I found that calcs it, and the image with my current and hopefully new info.

http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

Tire.jpg

To Top