1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tired of your TRD Pro sitting low in the rear

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jyuzamas, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Mar 9, 2015 at 8:57 PM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    buys 38-40k tacoma.... puts blocks in the rear.... :frusty:

2. Mar 9, 2015 at 9:13 PM
    jyuzamas

jyuzamas [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    White TRD Pro
    TRD Super Charger, TRD Exhaust, 1" Tapered Rear Lift Blocks, Pace Edwards Cover, Pop N Lock Locking Handle
    If some one made a set of leafs that wasn't as stiff as a piece of wood or a set that was so soft the rear would sag I would just buy a set of new leafs.

Everyone want to be a back seat driver.

3. Mar 9, 2015 at 9:24 PM
    locster

locster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB 4x4
    Dakar with 3rd leaf and overload leaf removed will raise the rear 1" over the front on a Baja or TRD Pro suspension. Ride stiffness is about the same as stock.

4. Mar 9, 2015 at 9:31 PM
    fasback428shelby

fasback428shelby Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    lawndale,ca
    Vehicle:
    tacoma baja

I have a block on my Baja and have no issues with it. rides just as factory. running 285/75

5. Mar 10, 2015 at 9:59 PM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    thats cus the leafs are no different than any other 6 lug tacoma being made....:rolleyes:

they all have the same 3+1 leaf pack.

6. Mar 10, 2015 at 10:29 PM
    dakotasyota

dakotasyota Just a Fringe of the Ging in your Minge

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab, Manual, V6, 4x4, TRD Off-Road
    Total Chaos +2 LT w/ 2.5 x 8 Kings, 700 lb coils, Chevy 63s, BAMF Shock relocation, 12" King Smoothies, Locker Anytime Mod, 5% Tint All Around, 4xInnovations full skids, Custom Made Rock Sliders, 4xInnovations HC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, SOS Original Plate 2 Front Bumper, 130 w KC Slimlites, Homertaco Raptor Grill, Bestop Supertop, Smittybilt 9500 lb winch, Flowmaster 40 series, JVC deck w/ 12" Rockford Fosgate T1 in custom box, and lots more!!
    So you put blocks on a 45k truck with a supercharger... Looks like others have already expressed the cons... But yeah I would get rid of that ASAP.

7. Oct 31, 2015 at 9:52 PM
    dapperdan

dapperdan Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    '15 TRD PRO Black DCSB
    @Anderson Just ordered my shell for my Pro, by chance do you have a picture of it with shell and AAL. I have 5 weeks to be ready. Lol.

8. Nov 2, 2015 at 9:28 AM
    BDF Yoda

BDF Yoda Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport, Double Cab, Long bed
    Bilstein 5100's x4 w/fronts set at .85", LoPro QT Tonneau cover, Weather Tech floor mats
    Hey all, I'm a newb and this is my first post, so go easy on me!! I would like to lift the rear of my 2011 TRD Sport DCLB approximately 1.5". I want to do it right, and am trying to figure out what that means exactly. If there is a link to a previous thread that addresses my questions, please feel free to point me in that direction. I've searched and not been able to find exactly what I'm looking for, but that doesn't mean its not out there and I just missed it...but I have searched!

I currently have the basic 3 leaf pack (2 + overload), no TSB 4 leaf and I'm out of warranty, so I don't think I qualify for it. I have seen a recall is out there, but I have not received anything that tells me my truck is a part of it. I'm running Bilstein 5100's on all 4 corners (if that matters).

Very important to me - I would like to retain the ability to load the bed with firewood, mulch, etc. without risking damage to anything. I would also like to either retain the factory ride quality, or improve it. I don't offroad the truck at all, this is purely for looks since I am lifting the front end and I like to have a little bit of rake. This is my daily commuting vehicle. I would prefer not to stiffen the ride if I can help it. Is this possible to do? Or am I asking for a combination that can't be had?

I have been trying to decide whether to use AAL or a new leaf pack? If AAL, should I do single or 3 leaf progressive? What brand? If I do a new leaf pack, which one would be best for my needs? Like I said, I still want to be able to use my truck as a weekend working truck, but I don't do any off-roading, so I'm not worried about off road performance. Are there any other factors or options I should consider? BTW, the truck has about 60k miles, and the leafs are in pretty decent shape, maybe sagging a little, but not much. I have a soft tonneau cover, so not much added weight for daily driving.

Sorry, that came out to be a long post.

Any input is welcome! I would also like to hear your thoughts on why you recommend one option over another, as that would be extremely helpful to me.

9. Nov 3, 2015 at 6:34 PM
    Anderson

Anderson Dudemanbro

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    ProBro
    Stuff
    Here is a pic from the day after the installation of the Icon AAL. Its not the best for an angle but it appears that all other pics in my library are of camping trips where it is loaded with gear and pups, so the level isn't representative of unloaded.

IMG_3094_zpsslrk9vpd_3f1080119d96739901e5f0816b4a69431664a3ce.jpg

GHammer likes this.
  10. Nov 3, 2015 at 6:36 PM
    Anderson

Anderson Dudemanbro

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    ProBro
    Stuff
    Quoted for truth...

A little follow up on my original post:

After having put over 15,000 miles on my truck with the Icon AAL; I can say that with personal experience, they were not worth the money. That is not to say they are a bad product or that they have failed with age. They just do not meet my needs of weight carrying capacity. I camp regularly, haul heavy loads regularly and occasionally tow crap.

I wish I would have known that the Icon's AAL wouldn't meet my needs.
    I wish I would have known that for $400 more I could have just bought a set of AllPro Expedition springs(didn't realize I needed to research this when buying the truck).
    I wish my wife didn't like to camp in such luxury...

I can't really use the airbags due to needing wheel travel for some of the places we go. 0therwise, airbags would be a great solution to my weight capacity issues. I have proven that AAL's really don't fit my needs. All I need to do now is fork over the moolah for a new set of rear springs. New rear springs on a brand new truck...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    GHammer and Stickerice85 like this.
  11. Nov 3, 2015 at 8:01 PM
    dapperdan

dapperdan Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    '15 TRD PRO Black DCSB
    @Anderson Great information and much appreciated. I have been eyeing the Wheeler 1.5 AAL, mostly to keep everything level with the shell, I do tow a pop up camper and plenty of camping cargo along with bikes etc. Leaf pack seems the best way to go I agree, but right now I think a 1.5 would cover me and the 3" from the pack would be to much in the back. Had AAL on my '02 with a shell and seemed ok, had the rear squeak which drove me crazy. LOL

12. Jan 21, 2017 at 5:18 AM
    TacomaArto

TacomaArto Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2015 White DCSB SR5
    I am considering Coverking Veloci-Vent. Do you have any opinion on them? I essentially drive to and from work with my Tacoma. Not high traffic in regards of getting in/out, and I am never wet/dirty (office job) so spending $400+ on neoprene is a tough sell on me....unless I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top