1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tires make all the difference

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jz23, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Nov 2, 2012 at 7:32 AM
    jz23

jz23 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jon
    madison wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacomaregular cab 2x4
    none
    I had my new rims and tires installed last night and I couldn't be happier with the look (what a huge difference :)).

Driving to work this morning I did notice a few things. the ride is a lot stiffer with the new package and I think I will need to get some bigger brakes (they are quite a bit more spongy than they were, which threw me for a loop at the first stop light)....:eek: close one! And I also noticed the turning isn't as tight as it was (another sobering moment at the first roundabout :eek:). these are probably obvious differences but as a newbie I have never experienced what a difference a bigger tire package makes.

If you have a package with 215/70/15's, I would highly recommend stepping up to 235/75/15's. They fill in the wheel wells perfectly and they don't rub at all.:)

the truck now demands attention and is a lot tougher looking.

now on to the next (Satoshi grill) project!

2. Nov 2, 2012 at 7:47 AM
    TeamLombardo

TeamLombardo WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    El Paso
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD Off-Road 4x4
    OME 886x, OME Trim Packer, OME Shocks, Dakars, Toytec Shims, LR UCAs, CB Drop, Demello Sliders, Pelfreybilt Plate Bumper, Warn VR8000-s, RI 20" LED, RI Duallys, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Liners, SS Brake Lines Front/Back, BHLM, Anytime Fogs, CV Boot Mod, 20% Tint, Stubby Antenna, Salex Console Organizer, Derped Grill/Badges
    Pics yo!

Products Discussed in

To Top