1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tires rubbing

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by little blue, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Dec 18, 2011 at 6:06 AM
    little blue

little blue [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mark
    massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    08 blue offroad access cab
    2.5 adjustable bilisteins,mickey thompson baja claw 285/75/16, mickey t's classic lock 16x8 wheels.In the rear dakar 3" lift leaf springs,polished aluminum headache rack.
    HI, new to the forum my question is about adding coil spacers and being out of the alinement window.I have on my truck now emu 3" leafs in the back and 2.5" bilistein adj. in front.Ijust recently bought 285/75/16/ baja claw ttc's. I put them on mickey t's classic locks ,16x8 with 4" back spacingand I'm rubbing So I bought but haven't put on yet 2.25 coil spacers and 2" add a leaf for the rear to level it out .they came as a kit. Am I doing the right thing or will I rub more or not be able to align it all the way.thanks p.s. sorry about my typing.

2. Dec 18, 2011 at 9:28 AM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R
    SAS.. Need I say more.
    If you have already 2.5" in the front you cannot go any higher. It just won't work .5" at best. Adding another 2" in the rear will be way to much... Where are you rubbing? Frame? <-- Who cares. And on the firewall? 2nd gen... Must be rubbing on the body mount?

3. Dec 18, 2011 at 9:37 AM
    BlueTaco07

BlueTaco07 Super Mod!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Panama city, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Looking
    Try getting eibach coils and set your 5100's to .85 with the top plate spacers you should get 3" of lift

To Top