1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tires to heavy

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by trp09toc, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Jul 20, 2009 at 8:39 AM
    trp09toc

trp09toc [OP] Active Member

Member:
    wilkes barre
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma double cab SR5
    6in lift volont cold air intake mbrp exhaust 35 toyo m/t
    hey i have a 09 tacoma with 6in procomp lift and toyo open country m/t 35 12.50 E rating and i am putting the second set of wheel bearings on the truck is it possable that the tire is to big if so what tire do think i should put on?

thanks
    tim

2. Jul 20, 2009 at 9:52 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I'm going to guess something else is wrong. Cause there are folks that are running 6 inch lifts with no problems.

SOmewhere else in the drive line there is a vibration or mis-alignment that is cause the wheel bearings to go out. What kind of rims do you have on the truck??

3. Jul 20, 2009 at 10:09 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    well, the TOYO MTs are insanely heavy tires. They're probably 15lbs heavier than any other tire in that size. With that said, it should be easy to find a tire you like, just lighter. But I also agree that they shouldnt be causing that much of a problem. I know there are plenty of people running them without issue. What wheels are you running? A wheel that sticks out a lot is going to put a bunch more stress on everything, and maybe with the heavy tires thats where your issue is coming from.

4. Jul 20, 2009 at 10:18 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    or another impressive TSB in the making if wheels are not super wide or have crazy offset.

Oh, it is 4x4 or prerunner? Not sure if that would have any bearing on the bearings tho, lol.

5. Jul 20, 2009 at 10:45 AM
    trp09toc

trp09toc [OP] Active Member

Member:
    wilkes barre
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma double cab SR5
    6in lift volont cold air intake mbrp exhaust 35 toyo m/t
    ulta wheels there is 4 3/4 back space on them
    procomp told me that is the mimun backspacing put up to 5 is ok but i reall doint want to but another set of wheels

Products Discussed in

To Top