1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

To Buy or Turn Lease Back In

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Robert Smith, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Feb 9, 2010 at 8:49 AM
    Robert Smith

Robert Smith [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Need anyones opinion on purchasing or turning in my leased Tacoma 4Dr on 3/16/10. The truck is a pampered in as new condition 2007 PreRunner 4r (silver mica) with only 30,120 miles. My wife drives a 2006 Sienna and we both have been card toting Toyota fanatics for numerous years. Up to two weeks ago I wouldn't think twice about writing the payoff check. Please help me should I let the truck go or $19,240 ( includes $350 fee and Ga sales tax) HELP Thanks,

2. Feb 9, 2010 at 8:52 AM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I'd keep it. You know what you have and how it's been treated.

3. Feb 9, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    Robert Smith

Robert Smith [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks for your opinion

4. Feb 9, 2010 at 8:57 AM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    ^ I agree. Can you get a used truck like yours for $19,240 in your area? That's my litmus test...mine's a 2008 TRD Sport Long Bed 4x4 and my buyout at the end of the lease is $17,200. I know that I could not find a truck like mine for that $$$ and besides that I know everything about it. I'm keeping mine until one of us dies...

5. Feb 9, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    What happened two weeks ago that made you change your mind about keeping your truck? Don't allow the media hype to change your opinion. You know you've got a great truck. The media coverage of the gas peddle issues is just hype. Don't let those buggers brain wash you!

Cheers.

To Top