1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

To lift my rear more, or not to lift....

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by brian, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Apr 23, 2012 at 8:23 PM
    brian

brian [OP] Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    I'm really close to making the decision to raise the rear of my truck up to the full 3"... or somewhere close. The thing is, I cant beat how this rides.... its amazing IMO, so soft in the back that makes blazing ugly dirt roads feel like I'm riding in a caddy, metaphorically speaking of course. The front is still fairly stiff due to preload, but it all evens out nicely. I don't want a stiff rear suspension because my rear will always start sliding on washboarded surfaces with a stiffer setup like the basic AAL i had ages ago.

Thing is though, I think my current setup might have been made for a TSB and I didn't know it when I bought it. Its the Icon progressive setup. I left the overload leaf in. They didn't bow much when I installed them at first, and now they're pretty much flat. I'm open to suggestions.... should I lift it up to the full 3", should I just look at a different leaf pack???

Heres a decent straight on pic from when I detailed it a couple months ago. I think I might be a bit lower in the rear since I took this pic :shrug: I know I gotta be squattin like a mo-fo bro when I mash the gas... LoL

[​IMG]

2. Apr 23, 2012 at 8:33 PM
    Bee22971

Bee22971 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garth
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD
    King 2.5 C/O, DSM UCAs, all pro leafs, and AllPro Sliders

Products Discussed in