1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

To lift or not to lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by drizl16, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Jan 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    drizl16

drizl16 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    york, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 xtra cab
    exhaust, k&n intake, painted stock rims, TRD
    I bought an 04 trd with 103,000 on her. Now shes got 142,000. I really want a 3 inch lift BADLY, with some new tires so I can hit the trails a little harder. I was just wondering if it would even be worth my time and money to invest in either or. And if so any ideas for the lift/tires?

2. Jan 19, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    it's up to you to decide whether or not you'll need the lift, if you're going to use it or put in on purely for looks.

then, if you decide you need a lift, you need to decide what your budget is.

Lifts can cost anywhere from $200 to 5k, depending on what you get.

Same goes for tires, depending on how much you offroad, you need to decide what you need. Offroading 35-100%, get MTs. anything below get ATs

3. Jan 19, 2012 at 11:59 AM
    yota new.o

yota new.o Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joe
    klamath falls oregon
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma 2.7 sr5
    fabtech dirtlogic coilovers with all-pro a-arms chevy 63" leaf springs billi 5125 12" extended bore shockins in rear headache rack duplicolor bed armor bumpers kc daylighters front fenders corbeau racing seats custom bed rack
    if your doin it strictly for looks and a little trail riding spacer and aal is cheap and gives you the look but not the ride, a good option is billi 5100's with eibach coils all four shocks and coils come to like 600 bucks. put the wheelers 5 pack leaf set in the rear and you got a good looking set up with good performance

4. Jan 19, 2012 at 5:23 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    Have you replaced your shocks anytime recently? If not, then it is a great time to do the lift. You can kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Products Discussed in

To Top