1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Hot Tamale, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Jun 14, 2009 at 8:35 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Are you trying to stir shit up? Your all on the same team.....You know that....Right?

2. Jun 14, 2009 at 8:38 AM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    I keep saying that WE CANT DO IT ALONE!
    we just happen to do our job a bit better;)

Edit: have to go to church..hey no hard feelings we just love razzing the other services...like i said History lays in our favor.

3. Jun 14, 2009 at 9:05 AM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    Females have a different boot camp than us.

We go to your schools for cross trainiing not to achieve a title..we have our own recon school. some of our guys go to airborne and will never even jump out of a plane.we do it to show intraservice training and flexibility...it also makes the resume look good. hell we go to canadian schools australian schools...all sorts. you guys do too so dont distort the reason why there is a marine in an army course. another reason is because we may not have the budget to run our own course. for example the mastergunner school in ft benning we got to. we have finally got the funding to have our own. they will be better schools for us since some of your stuff just isnt how we do business.

the Marine corps does this with everything. we use the larger services for thier schools and then we go get the job done. again History is on the Marine Corps side when it comes to service prestige which is how the public gets its opinion from the facts of history.

You do realize this IS all in good fun. it seems like you are taking it personal? cheer up and jsut go dig up some dirt on the Marines and throw it back at me....anger doesnt help:)

4. Jun 14, 2009 at 9:07 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Ok....Grabbing a comfy seat.....what am I missing.....OH YES!
    :popcorn:

5. Jun 14, 2009 at 9:08 AM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    oh i almost forgot....no matter what rank you are, if you want to be a marine you will start out as a private! if i want to be a soldier they would give me an extra rank and a bonus on my way through the door just because. thats gotta chap your ass:) trust me ive seen this a lot.

Enjoy Chris4x4 :) Poor guy just gettin all angry on me... i lived with the army for months once and i can keep this up all day. those boys are easy to wrile up

Edit: wish i didnt have to go to church but some body has to pray for those Army boys.

6. Jun 14, 2009 at 9:24 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    We will all be needed to overthrow the dipshits in Washington. In a Democracy, words are supposed to be stronger than guns....so......"suck it Pelosi!"

heh heh heh heh

:popcorn::popcorn:

7. Jun 14, 2009 at 9:50 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Because the door had 3 cross-bars securing it on the inside? The difference I think is that special forces would just call in a Jdam.

8. Jun 14, 2009 at 10:16 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    What matters is that everyone GETS SOME! All Terrorists Must Die!

9. Jun 14, 2009 at 10:59 AM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Nice guys...Nice. I actually new a Marine who wore a girdle to a ball so he could fit in his blues! I think all the services are getting hit right now with the politics of just letting people get through becasue we either need bodies or we dont want to step on any toes...I cant stand it. also we are all trying to keep numbers up especially us since we jumped to 202,000 now. We were calling it the "no marine left behind act". i lost all respect for my "higher" for a while there when they were making us push people through.

Edit: oh and dont confuse tactics with poor decision making...I teach Tactics and Doctrine to Staff NCOs and Officers and its a bit different. that had nothing to do with tactics.

10. Jun 14, 2009 at 11:08 AM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    actually i think they probably just had a donut charge on the lock but when they went up there it was still secured and probably reinforced from the inside. Shitty luck if you ask me.

11. Jun 14, 2009 at 11:38 AM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    I got a buddy in the CAV, he is stationed in Texas.. I always remeber that they said in the Army the CAV gets what the CAV wants:) he was a great cat.

as for the shitbags,mostly the darkside as opposed to enlisted right?;) The thing i hate about officers is they never get busted down and fired just placed in a different commmand far far away from thier past. or they "retire".

12. Jun 14, 2009 at 3:00 PM
    MotoTacoma

MotoTacoma Adrenaline Addict

Member:
    Pencilveineeya
    Vehicle:
    14 Tundra TRD OR, 05 GX470
    tacoma sold 11/13/13 GX470 has 2” Dobinsons IMS w/JBA UCA, Baja Designs S1 ditch lights, more to come!
    different colored uniform, same team gentlemen. same colors.. red,white,blue

Products Discussed in

To Top