1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tonneau covers hard to find?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by yangdude, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Sep 15, 2011 at 3:56 PM
    yangdude

yangdude [OP] New Member

Member:
    hi. new to the forum.

question.... is it just me, or is it hard to find a "decent" priced roll up tonneau cover? yeah, you can still find some, but they're like $300+...which is still a good price, but i see some for the 05 models for like $140.... im sure i can find some used covers for cheaper, but, i would perfer a new cover instead. also, not sure if its been said before but, does the 05 taco double cab tonneau covers fit the 01 taco double cabs? any info is greatly appreciated. thank you.

2. Sep 15, 2011 at 5:38 PM
    UndefinedTaco

UndefinedTaco I'll eat all your food.

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Tracy, CA
    Vehicle:
    Toyota
    It's an 89 Toyota Pickup. I got some stuff done to it.. FJ axles going under it soon.
    Nope, it won't fit. 05 and 01 are two completely different styles. 05 is physically wider some.

You'll be hard pressed finding a 1st Gen Tacoma doublecab bed tonneau. Keep searching.

I picked one up for $50, it matched my factory paint too on my old truck. Granted I had to drive about 110 miles to get it..but it was ok because I was heading up there anyway that way..and had the lady hold it for me.

Didn't like it after 6 months, sold it on Craigslist for $400 :spy:

To Top