1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tonneau covers

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Florida, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Mar 10, 2019 at 6:44 PM
    Florida

Florida [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hello again this is an up date . i had bought the bak MX4 from Tonneau factory outlet ( best price ) good service well the cover looks great looks well made to to hard to put on . Now just wait for the rain an see how well it holds up

2. Mar 14, 2019 at 9:17 AM
    UKJON

UKJON Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport UK Blue
    Weathertech floor mats, Bakflip G2, Factory bed mat
    Hello Florida,

I spent about a month researching tonneau covers. I was leaning towards a retractable cover but decided on the Bakflip G2. I installed it last weekend and so far so good but it really hasn't rained much yet. I haven't installed the drain tubes, can't bring myself to drill into a new truck. I also want to do some research on Y ing the drain lines and reducing the tube diameter down to the factory hole size so I wouldn't have to drill. Does anybody have any experience with doing something like this? I know the factory drain holes are small and I haven't measured them yet, not sure if my ide will work or not. I'm going to also assume that a smaller diameter tube will be more likely to clog. Any ideas or suggestions will be much appreciated.

3. Mar 14, 2019 at 5:29 PM
    CXYyuppie

CXYyuppie Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    South Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB
    4Runner TRD PRO Wheels
    I’ve been search for a few days and can’t make up my mind. The Backflip G2 is in my list. Did you have a 2nd choice?

4. Mar 15, 2019 at 4:14 AM
    UKJON

UKJON Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport UK Blue
    Weathertech floor mats, Bakflip G2, Factory bed mat
    I really didn't have a second choice. I grew tired of researching the covers and decided to buy the G2.

5. Mar 15, 2019 at 11:38 AM
    4BYTOY

4BYTOY Active Member

Member:
    Colorado Front Range
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off Road
    I also am running a BakFlip MX4 and really like the cover and the fact that it will fold all the way up to the rear window. In my prior Toyota pickup, I had an old school snap-on vinyl tonneau cover and that thing was not in the least waterproof or water resistant. Sure water entered my bed, but I kept anything in the bed protected. I never considered water a problem. Fast forward and I now have a 2018 Tacoma and an MX4. I have had the tonneau on for about a year and haven't hooked up the drain yet. I don't find water a problem. Yes, you will end up with rain water in the bed. But again I keep anything in my bed in containers. Just my situation

4BYTOY

6. Mar 16, 2019 at 8:12 PM
    JonEK9

JonEK9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chester County PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Tacoma Limited 4WD
    I have the Bakflip Fibermax and it works well especially compared to the OEM one i had prior.

20180707_154725.jpg

ChaseFan likes this.
  7. Mar 16, 2019 at 8:19 PM
    Hook78

Hook78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD OR
    Lund 5" Nerf Bars Undercover Tonneau Cover
    I think there’s a metal reducer you can use that fits the drain hole. Might be able to find it in a good search. Read about it somewhere, maybe TW, for a different brand of cover.

Products Discussed in

To Top