1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TonneauPro Tri-Fold Cover Q&A - Pics

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by joleger, May 20, 2011.

1. May 20, 2011 at 6:46 AM
    joleger

joleger [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saint John, NB
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab 4x4 TRD Sport
    I received a PM with some questions about my TonneauPro TriFold cover. I thought I would post my reply to the entire forum just in case anyone else is interested.

It does a pretty good job of keeping the rain out. That being said, I don't care about the rain. I bought a tonneau cover more for looks, privacy, and to keep small loads from flying out of the bed. I don't keep stuff in the bed of the truck that I care if they get wet. There are gaps between the edges of the tailgate and the sides of the truck....but I don't recall a lot of rain getting in. I have read that there used to be a gap at the front, but mine seems to seal well.

I think it feels very sturdy. The vinyl is pretty thick and it has metal cross beams

The vinyl will move a bit at high speeds but the entire cover stays is place quite well

I live in Canada and this past winter was brutal. I also live in a place where most times our snow is accompanied with rain. There has been A LOT of wet heavy snow on this tonneau cover and it came through like a champ.

Dead simple....15 minutes tops.

Yes it does. See pics

If anyone has any more questions let me know. I can upload more pics if needed.

Cheers

J.O.

closed.jpg
    open.jpg
    tailgate_gap.jpg
    handle.jpg
    front_bracket.jpg
    front.jpg

2. May 20, 2011 at 9:44 PM
    thebaker

thebaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Byron
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Upgraded to a 3rd gen
    Never ending......$$$
    i have this cover also.....all i can say is i love it!!!!!

3. Aug 9, 2018 at 5:28 PM
    KTM753

KTM753 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I am sorry to bump an old thread but I searched and this was the only thread I found in the 2nd Gen forum.

I just bought an Access Cab with this cover and really like it. It works well.

My question is does anyone know if you can replace the front screw downs with lever arms like the rears?

It would be faster and easier to take and off if it was. I'm considering trying to buy parts and give it a shot .

4. Aug 9, 2018 at 6:50 PM
    Ncskeeter

Ncskeeter Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma Prerunner DCSB SR5
    Mostly stock
    My Lund Genesis tri fold has 4 lever arms that look identical to the ones shown above...so much so that I wonder if they came out of the same factory.

https://www.lundinternational.com/newproducts/tonneau+covers/genesis+tri-fold+tonneau

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    KTM753[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Aug 10, 2018 at 11:28 AM
    DRP6833

DRP6833 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Frederick, CO
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma I4 4WD
    I wanted to give a shout-out to TonnoPro's customer support. A few months ago I notice the stitching on my Tri-Fold was starting to go, the driver's side was almost completely gone and the edging was hanging loose. The cover was just over 3 years old. Since their covers carry a lifetime warranty I contacted TonnoPro about it. After sending them a few pictures and proof of purchase, they sent me a replacement.

spitdog likes this.
  6. Aug 10, 2018 at 11:47 AM
    spitdog

spitdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Access Cab V6 4x4 SR5 MGM
    Tonneau covers are a great upgrade to any truck. Plus there so many choices and price ranges to fit anyone’s price range. I never even thought of one until I bought my 2015 and this is my fourth Toyota truck. I just went with a Rollup, tuxedo low roll or whatever it’s called. It been on over a year now and still looks brand new. It’s outside 24/7, holds over 2’ of wet snow and still permits me to use the track tie downs. Aerospace 303 is what I use as a conditioner and UV protectant. Mine was under $250 shipped. The truxPort is the one I have.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018

Products Discussed in

To Top