1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tonnopro hard fold vs extang solid fold (on the fence)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by peto48, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Jul 31, 2015 at 5:08 PM
    deadoffall

deadoffall Member

Member:
    First Name:
    dan
    Vehicle:
    2014 Gray Tacoma
    16x8 Helos with 265/75r16 Cooper AT3 2" leveling kit in front, 1" blocks in back
    hey guys, curious if anyone else has purchased the tonno-pro hard fold? I called customer service and spoke to them about concerns with gaps, i was told that the cover is fully adjustable to take out the gap issues. does anyone else have this thing that has an honest review?

2. Sep 29, 2017 at 2:30 PM
    Isaatim

Isaatim New Member

Member:
    South
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma SR5 Double Cab
    I just installed my tonno pro hardfold earlier this week and I think it looks great! Today we had a light drizzle and it appears that the corners of the cover closest to the cab has a space not covered by the weather strip and water is leaking in. The corners are "protected" by a foam seal that doesn't fill the space because the weather strips are thicker.

A few things I think would make this cover better would be to change the clamps closest to the tailgate to metal instead of plastic. The material feels like it could snap under pressure in colder weather. Also I think another set of clamps closer to the corners of the cover near the cab would help with the leakage as well. If you tighten the clamp too much it will cause the cover to bow and will create a bigger space in the corners.

Overall I think don't think spending an extra $300 on a different brand would've made me any happier. So I am glad I went with the tonno pro. I will most likely add some weather stripping that the cover came with on the corners to see how that holds up. The other option is to make a small gutter down to the drainage in the bed. I will try the weather stripping first.

Products Discussed in

To Top