1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TonnoPro Trifold Cover

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Nola TSS, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Jun 18, 2015 at 7:18 AM
    Championsumo

Championsumo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB 4X4 TRD Sport
    Can anyone tell me if this "kind of locks"? What I mean is do you have to open the tailgate to open the cover?

2. Jun 22, 2015 at 4:10 PM
    jbrnigan

jbrnigan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport, 4X4, 4.0L, Auto - Access Cab
    You have to open the tailgate to get to the cover locking levers. Once you unlock the cover and fold it, you can close the tailgate. The cover locking levers do not lock and are secured only by the tailgate. A locking tailgate effectively locks the cover - unless someone decides to unlock it with a pocket knife. This is probably the best "value" tri-fold cover on the market, mine has been faultless.

3. Jun 23, 2015 at 4:53 AM
    Championsumo

Championsumo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB 4X4 TRD Sport
  4. Jul 26, 2016 at 3:13 PM
    SamSin

SamSin I can resist everything except temptation

Member:
    First Name:
    Jersey Sam
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Longbed 4x4 SR5
    Oil Free AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, Nitrogen filled tires, Tonno Pro Tri-Fold Hard Tonneau Cover BLU Logic Handsfree
    I installed the Tri Fold Hard cover from Tonno Pro in 2013 and still looks new. With the Pop & Lock it makes for added security. On vacations I feel a little better when it is parked, it has about the same security as the truck on a car. I have had almost a foot of heavy wet snow on it and the weight doesn't affect the shape of the cover, no sagging.

It has been through the car wash, heavy downpours and never had any issues with water. It stays very dry.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  5. Aug 24, 2016 at 7:19 PM
    dTed

dTed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB SR5 4x4 MGM
    Did you have any issues with a gap at the tailgate? I just installed mine on a 2013 DC LB and I have about a quarter inch to half inch gap at the tailgate

6. Sep 8, 2016 at 5:37 PM
    Ydogwood

Ydogwood OZZY the Wizard of Spruce

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2012 2.7l Manual 4x4 Spruce Tacoma
    I installed my tonnopro tonight. Overall I am very satisfied with the product for the price. As I installed the cover I put the thick weather strip at the cab end and worked hard to unroll the rubber gasket to go over the weather strip and corner of the bed rail. I followed instructions and the top lined up perfectly. The gasket at the tail gate sealed nicely.
    Couple of things that have me concerned. 1. Vinyl very tight and when closed it curls the corners of the tonneau exposing a slight gap. I am hoping the in a couple of days the vinyl will relax a little and the gaps will close up. 2. At the hinges of the trifold the edges are crimped a little. I am also hoping those will fall into shape as well. So I will wait and see. But for $259 I am happy with the tonnopro. I am not sure if I would spend another $200 to get a higher quality top. My main concern was a secure bed and with the pop&lock installled this past weekend I am comfortable with what a soft top gives me. Out of sight....out of mind. Just have to wait and see if the above issues work out.

Products Discussed in

To Top