1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Too much truck?

Discussion in 'Stocks & Investments' started by bigtaco06, May 19, 2013.

1. bigtaco06

bigtaco06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DBCB SB
    Floor mats, shorty antenna, brute force hybrid front bumper, ICON stage 3, method double standards, 285/75/16 KM2's, cool stickers
    So I'm 22 years old and currently stationed overs seas in the military. I have been saving hardcore and plan on coming home and plopping a fat ass down payment (15k) on a new tacoma dcsb 4x4. Sometimes I second guess whether or not I need all that truck. I will need a truck and I really don't see myself driving any other truck and I know if I don't get a 4x4 I won't be happy. I'm wondering if I should just get what I want now or should I keep my savings healthy. I'm already working towards a retirement and I want to set my self up now and invest a little bit. Saving money in the states will not be as easy. I need to get the ball rolling on some investments and don't want to set myself back because I had to have a truck. Thanks for any advice.
    -Jared

2. billyrayaf

billyrayaf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    billy
    waynesville,nc
    Vehicle:
    silver 09 SR5
    6in tuff country, 3.0 king coilovers, crown 7+ brake lines,LR UCA
    Hell ya drop the hammer. buying a taco is a great investment. take care of it and it last forever. and its not to much truck perfect size for anything.

3. Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    I say save the money, you have a gen2 AC, ask what the DC will do for you that the AC doesn't. Married w kids would be a decent reason of course.

4. bigtaco06

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DBCB SB
    Floor mats, shorty antenna, brute force hybrid front bumper, ICON stage 3, method double standards, 285/75/16 KM2's, cool stickers
    I agree This will probobly be the truck I hand to my future son, and the resale value is rediculous on Taco's (if I ever want or need to). I've owned one before and liked it a lot and moved up to a full size titan and didn't need all off that truck.

5. bigtaco06

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DBCB SB
    I sold the AC Taco in 2010 because I wanted to move up to full size. Then sold my Titan before I moved to Japan, so I'm on the market for a new truck. Iv'e looked at used but I can't see in spending almost the same amount on a used Tacoma because they hold thier value so well. When I can get a truck without anyone elses mistakes and a warranty. I wish I still had my 2006 :/

6. redtacoma88

redtacoma88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John Austin
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    See Build Page...
    I think you know 100% what you want and need. So I say go for it. Tacoma is the perfect truck imo. I dont see any reason not to go for it! Good luck

7. Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    Then I like your idea on the big down payment and the DC, nothing worse than financing almost the whole cost.:)

8. TacoIII

TacoIII Mr. Boombastic

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4 off road package
    3" OME 886 coils, ARB bumper warn M8000, Lightforce 240's and 255/85 16 KM2, Redline hood struts, custom offroad bodywork
    Do it man I got mine a few days after tech school, stayed broke while in Montana making payments and a few mods. I came to Europe paid it off and now I have a awesome newish vehicle that will last me 15+ years. You will always build your savings up if you are smart with your money.

9. ntilehman

ntilehman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Off Road
    Rock Sliders Front Light Bar +1.5" Front Arms with Ext. Kings
    You saved that money up for a reason. You worked hard to do it. Use it and enjoy life. Money comes and goes. Keep your plans on track and have fun without dipping into them.

10. bigtaco06

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DBCB SB
    True story I know I want a MGM 4x4 dbsb pretty bad. And thats a bad ass pic of yours btw :D.

11. bigtaco06

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DBCB SB
    Glad to hear that man. I agree, and I'm pretty responsible with my money. Lol you know the E-3 struggles.

12. bigtaco06

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DBCB SB
    Thanks for the advice I feel the same way, lol I just need a little moral support to drop all that hard earned money.

13. TacoIII

TacoIII Mr. Boombastic

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    3" OME 886 coils, ARB bumper warn M8000, Lightforce 240's and 255/85 16 KM2, Redline hood struts, custom offroad bodywork
    Fo sho haha. almost an entire paycheck went to the payment alone. But it was well worth it I had fun being able to do what I wanted and go where I wanted with a reliable, economical vehicle. Do you know where you are PCSing to next?

14. bigtaco06

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DBCB SB
    Yeah man I'm headed to Cali. So a mid travel Tacoma is a must for me! What AFSC are you? lol your not a Cop?

15. TacoIII

TacoIII Mr. Boombastic

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    I will try for Cali if its on my listing, it seems nice. Yeah Im your friendly neighborhood Security forces member :eek: haha. I have 6 months left here then im prolly heading for one of the 3 hells they call northern tier bases :(

16. bigtaco06

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DBCB SB
    Man I'm a Cop too. I checked out your profile and it looked like you had been to Minot, so I was like he's definitely a cop. I was headed to Malmstrom and got Medically decertified because of a hardware in my leg. Then I got Beale. I def understand the struggles!

17. ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD DCSB
    Agreed!

Thanks for your service man! Stay safe!

:oldglory:

18. TacoIII

TacoIII Mr. Boombastic

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    I was at Malmstrom. The job wasnt horrible because I worked the missle field, but the WSA guys were hating life haha. It was all what you made of it. Really nice wheeling up there also. 4 hrs from yellowstone, 2 hrs from Glacier national park so it wasnt to bad of a place.

19. bigtaco06

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DBCB SB
    Thanks for the Support man that means a lot! :infantry:

20. ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD DCSB
    :cheers:

To Top