1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Top trends.......................

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by surfsupl, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Oct 20, 2010 at 2:51 PM
    The Wombat

The Wombat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mass.
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4WD 4-cyl
    none
    I think there's a home entertainment gap that will soon be fixed. (i.e. google + sony teaming up), but it's gonna take a while to develop and adopt.

I personally would like to see something PC based that actually ties together all my entertainment systems and media. There's some stuff out there, but nothing as versatile as what I want to do. I've got hundreds of backed up dvds, thousands of mp3's, i use hulu, I stream over netflix, a little youtube here and there, I have several tv's around the house, laptops spread around the house, disparate sound systems per room, guitar amps and pedals, just think of all your inputs/outputs. I want them to ALL talk to each other SEAMLESSLY.

Oh, and of course my truck - i want to be able to control it all from my truck, along side the house lighting system, the security system, my coffee maker, anything with a circuit board and comms capability.

I want a real mesh network that ties everything together in my house - all of it, no exceptions. And the command and control software to run it all, from wherever I want, whenever I want, and to do it SECURELY. And I want it from a reputable vendor that will support it for life, with forwards and backwards compatibility, and a useful support line.

Once somebody breaks into that realm, there will be copycats - and an entire market will appear overnight.

2. Oct 20, 2010 at 2:51 PM
    Southern01Taco

Southern01Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Holden, La
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 4x4 Xtra Cab SR5
    Me and a couple of my friends call them tighties. Its funny when you call them that to people that wear them. They get pissed lol.

3. Oct 20, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    FlyingTaco

FlyingTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DCSB SWB
    Trimmed mud-flaps, engine de-tick, FJ wheels, avid off road light bar(one of a kind), truck covers bed cover and decals by sockmonkey so far.....
    ooh maybe society will become obsessed with morals and values and try to bring those back to life???? Then again, why would they when they can have role models like overpaid athletes who shoot themselves with illegal guns in clubs and fight dogs and act like children all around. Not to mention the coke head stars and "situations" of reality TV. What ever happened to news that covered "news" and not opinions and views? Ok soap box is getting slippery getting down now:facepalm:

4. Oct 20, 2010 at 2:59 PM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    OKC
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD sport DC
    Tailgate Anti-Theft Weathertechs Wet Okoles TW Sticker! Pop N Lock Handle TonnoPro Tri-folding cover
    It seems like they are glorifying teen pregnancy....Also there are a few shows on other channels that seem to glorify students sleeping with teachers...

5. Oct 20, 2010 at 3:01 PM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    The next big trend will be no more cell phones!!

6. Oct 20, 2010 at 3:49 PM
    FlyingTaco

FlyingTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DCSB SWB
    Trimmed mud-flaps, engine de-tick, FJ wheels, avid off road light bar(one of a kind), truck covers bed cover and decals by sockmonkey so far.....
    Heck yes I'll even start it if my work will let me:yay:

7. Oct 20, 2010 at 4:06 PM
    Ahshiet

Ahshiet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maui,Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 MG Sport DC 4x4
    Set #1 16x10 ion alloy wheel 31x12.5 super swampers Set#2 17x9 KMC Diesel black 305/65/17 M/T ATZ baja Set#3 TRD offroad wheels painted wrinkle black with H/T tire 275/70/16 Set#4 Weld racing 16x12 Typhoon with 305/70/16 BF KO tires Set#5 Weld racing 16.5x12 36x16 fun country Set#6 TRD rugged edition wheels 305/75/16 baja claws Set#7 16x10 procomp steel "beadlooks" 33x12.50 TSL Boggers Spider track spacers in front Wet Okole black seat covers fronts with pockets,back and armrest HIDs high Lexus projector fogs h11 hid 3500k Toyota bed mat black trd exhaust Fujita intake black Xrunner badges carbon fiber door sills Alpine double din 2 8" bazookas (modded) 2 Alpine type-r 8's in tubes Rockford fosgate 1500w silverstar blinker bulbs front and back Led lic plate bulbs Led dome light Led map lights Black eBay headlights VHT night shade tails and 3rd brake light Custom made rear fog lights(next to 3rd brake light) Sticker bombed bed walls and pass. A-pill
    They are called girl jeans for a reason!

8. Oct 20, 2010 at 8:12 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah

X1

9. Oct 20, 2010 at 8:14 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah

Interesting ..................:popcorn:

10. Oct 20, 2010 at 8:21 PM
    REVHARD25

REVHARD25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    RUGGED TRAIL PACKAGE
    Tint on front windows. Dnx7120 kenwood. Rear tsb springs. Wet okoles seat covers UWS truck box Weathertech floor mats TSB floor mat hook grommets Satoshi grill AFE drop in filter Fumoto drain valve Bed mat
    The next trend will be that your phone can do anything and everything...its a credit card ,laptop, phone ,game console, tv, video phone, set your coffee maker ..turn your car on...digital house keys ex...

11. Oct 21, 2010 at 6:33 AM
    ink junky

ink junky I phucking hate people >:(

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)

Then a single "smart phone" will get struck by lightning, becoming an entity of its own. Which after doing so will some how control alot of our technology with out us know so. Which will ultimately lead to our own doom....brought on by ourselves. :eek:

12. Oct 21, 2010 at 9:37 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I think Flappers (from Gulliver's Travels) should be the next big trend.

As soon as Gulliver steps onto the floating island, he is surrounded by a crowd of people. He finds them very strange even though they are of a size similar to his. Their heads are slanted to the left or right, and their clothes have pictures of either musical instruments or astronomical signs.
    Gulliver learns that he is on Laputa. The people here have terribly short attention spans, so they carry around "Flappers." These are used for hitting other people during conversation in order to keep them focused.

http://www.gradesaver.com/gullivers-travels/study-guide/section5/

13. Oct 21, 2010 at 9:58 AM
    flyingface

flyingface Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Auburn, AL
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCLB TRD Sport 4x4
    Soon....
    I've watched it a couple times to see what it's about and I got the impression that it is meant to de-glorify teen pregnancy, showing the hardships and difficulties associated with teen pregnancy, especially aspects like family relationships, relationships with the other parent, financial difficulties, etc.
    However, MTV was never created to air shows like that.

14. Oct 21, 2010 at 10:13 AM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    They forgot what is means. MTV = Music Television not loser fake family show for the people that have no lives channel.

15. Oct 21, 2010 at 10:20 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I'm old now (47) but I can tell you that with the exception of electronics nothing is really new, it's same recycled shit over and over again.

But stuff I'd like to see go:
    Skinny jeans on men and fat chicks
    Those stupid Pork Pie hats
    Fauxhawks (What the fuck, just cut it into a Mowhawk and grow a pair)
    20+ inch rims with rubber band tires.
    Hipster dudes with skinny jeans, pork pie hats and scarves.

16. Oct 21, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    Bama_TACO

Bama_TACO ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

Member:
    Winfield, AL
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner Double Cab TRD SPORT
    Lol. A male camel toe!

17. Oct 21, 2010 at 12:46 PM
    tigerfan00

tigerfan00 BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    dont hate on brianr like that! :p

18. Oct 21, 2010 at 1:05 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Or tigerfan...

copperskinny.jpg

19. Oct 21, 2010 at 1:07 PM
    Max-4_Yota

Max-4_Yota The Welfare Cadilac

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma 4x4, V6, 5spd
    Squattin'
    shit on a stick

[​IMG]

20. Oct 21, 2010 at 1:10 PM
    xJuice

xJuice My spoon is too Big!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB Sport Prerunner
    Grom iPod/Bluetooth adapter, mud flaps removed, clear turn signal bulbs, TSB leafs, two extra D-rings, debadged, fog light anytime, OEM bed mat, Undercover classic, Hankook Dynapro ATM, Fumoto valve
    How is yogurt a trend? It's fucking yogurt, it's been around forever, and you eat it if you like it....
    Are potato chips a trend?

To Top