1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Total Chaos UCA's rusting...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Comatose, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Jan 28, 2018 at 6:06 AM
    Comatose

Comatose [OP] You snuff it, we stuff it.

Member:
    First Name:
    Miguel
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD OR Indy Ink
    Missing Critical Hardware Edition
    So my new suspension just went through it's first winter and my TC UCA's are rusting on the uniball... anyone else have this happen?

2. Jan 28, 2018 at 6:13 AM
    doorsidedown

doorsidedown Well-Known Member

Member:
    Do you maintain them in any way? I wipe mine down and put tri-flow on mine every oil change, haven’t had a problem yet... knock on wood.

Big Dustin likes this.
  3. Jan 28, 2018 at 6:14 AM
    Taco Addiction

Taco Addiction We found Jimmy

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black TRD Offroad
    Kings, SCS Wheels and other mall crawling crap
  4. Jan 28, 2018 at 6:15 AM
    85yote09taco

85yote09taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD OR
    3'' OME lift, TRD CAI, Built Right UCAs, 285 Goodyear DURATRACS, black steelies, Fog light anytime, DTRL, Alternating turn signal, Diff breather relocated, Carrier bearing drop, Weathertechs, Bestop, Extended SS brake lines, CBI Sliders w/kickout, Cab mount chop, Total Chaos LCA skids, All Pro skids, Satoshi(HomerTaco), Bruteforcefab ''HC'' rear bumper, Bruteforce Hybrid front bumper
    From PA here and yes its gonna happen. I make sure that I lune the uniball frequently during the winter after a good rinse at the car wash. I ended up gatting a few years out of the uniballs until they were shot and had to buy new race bearings and replace them. While I had the arms out I sanded them down and shot them with undercoating, not as pretty when new but us north east guys gotta do what we gotta do

doorsidedown likes this.
  5. Jan 28, 2018 at 6:19 AM
    85yote09taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD OR
    3'' OME lift, TRD CAI, Built Right UCAs, 285 Goodyear DURATRACS, black steelies, Fog light anytime, DTRL, Alternating turn signal, Diff breather relocated, Carrier bearing drop, Weathertechs, Bestop, Extended SS brake lines, CBI Sliders w/kickout, Cab mount chop, Total Chaos LCA skids, All Pro skids, Satoshi(HomerTaco), Bruteforcefab ''HC'' rear bumper, Bruteforce Hybrid front bumper
    I read a thread a while ago about someone trying to make boot or something for the top of the uniball but havent seen anything on the market id buy those for sure if they worked

Taco Addiction likes this.
  6. Jan 28, 2018 at 6:23 AM
    85yote09taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD OR
    I was disappointed when i had my truck on the lift and shook the wheel to find that it was more than an alignment i needed haha. I debated on getting rid of them but have hopes to going extended travel in the future

Products Discussed in

To Top