1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tougher dog toy?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by AvsFanTRD, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Feb 5, 2010 at 5:01 PM
    supadave888

supadave888 Well-Known Member

Member:
    morgan city La
    Vehicle:
    4x4 trd sr5
    there is a red ball at walmart i think its called a tough ball. my dog has chewed on this thing for about 6 months now and its still holding up!

2. Feb 5, 2010 at 5:04 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    The Red or black kong

3. Feb 5, 2010 at 5:16 PM
    tacomaprerunner

tacomaprerunner Dang liberals.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    1995 Ford F350 7.3L PowerStroke Diesel
    Give him a ford, chevy or dodge truck to chew on.

4. Feb 5, 2010 at 5:27 PM
    crittergitter

crittergitter Proud to be Canadian Navy

Member:
    First Name:
    Stu
    Shearwater, NS
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma 4WD Double Cab
    Bugger, skid plate, colour coded cap, bed mat, AFE Air Filter, Rear diff breather mod, Chirp on door lock;unlock, ABS mod, Weathertechs front and rear, 60" Hi-lift jack, LED light mod in rear bed, 12V accessory in bed, n more stuff.
    My Lab is a chronic chewer. The only thing that works for her is the black coloured Kongs for big chewers.

5. Feb 5, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Kong... I know everyone already said it but if you stuff it with peanut butter then freeze it the dog should be good for a while after that. If you look at leerburg.com you will find lots of things designed for bite work that will last too. Just dont leave the dog to chew on it. They are mainly designed for excercising and training. I know I kind of go toff topic a bit but they are designed for bite work and will help you.

6. Feb 5, 2010 at 5:44 PM
    Shanes56

Shanes56 Sittinsic.com Vendor

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    07 BSP X-Runner Sittin Sic
    Ask and I will tell you... Sittin Sic Drop Leafs and Coils

I second that

also kong has a degree of toughness to there toys if you buy the black ones they are really really strong

7. Feb 5, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
  8. Feb 5, 2010 at 6:53 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD [OP] Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    He loves the ropes with knots, but will destroy it and have it all over and swallowing it in no time.

Ha :laugh: He actually tried this today with the roommates cat. The cat made a noise I have never heard before. I think he may have gotten a little rough this time.

9. Feb 5, 2010 at 7:04 PM
    robdawg14m

robdawg14m Rob

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Denton, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 SR5
    Apline IDA-X100 Head Unit Massive P 950.5 Amplifier 100x4 + 550x1 Diamond Audio 10" D1 Sub Focal K2 Component 165KR Debadged 33x12.5 Toyo MT 18" ATX Artillery Toytec ultimate lift kit LR UCA's Wet Okole seat covers
    I have two dobermans and the only thing they cant tear apart in 5 minutes are kong toys.

10. Feb 5, 2010 at 7:17 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Annie turns ropes into individual knots, destuffs/destroys any kind of stuffed toy, and I had to give the cat away because I was afraid she'd become another unstuffed/destroyed toy :(

She loves Kongs filled with dog food and peanut butter, but pretty much leaves the kongs alone otherwise.

She has to have which ever bone Ollie is chewing on (usually one of the variety of nylabone including the biggest one, the galileo bone). She also has two of the tire biter toys and they seem to hold up better than alot of the others.

Good luck finding one that will work for you.

11. Feb 5, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD [OP] Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    Unfortunately the cat doesn't have front claws and can't really fight back. He just thinks it's great when she bats at him. Some claws would do him good.

Like your dog, mine won't really touch the kong toys unless there is some sort of food involved and it's a little bit of a pain to constantly refill with food. Probably not the best diet either.

12. Feb 5, 2010 at 7:48 PM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    That wouldn't be good for the kitty with no front claws. Skittles had her claws (but she never used them) and I was afraid either Annie would be blind (the one time she did use her claws) or the kitty would be dead, so, skittles had to find a new home :(

Yeah, mine only get their kongs on special occasions. They don't need the extra calories either.

13. Feb 6, 2010 at 5:32 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
  14. Feb 6, 2010 at 5:49 AM
    StZu

StZu Where the White Women At?

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 Super White TRD Offroad
    Level 8 Wheels, Bilstien/Eibach lift, 2" aal, blacked out rear bumper, AC drain hose relocation, sound deadening 4 doors and back wall, amp/speaker upgrade, 10" daytona sub, LED interior lights.
    My boxer Bruce likes my baby boys' toys, they dont last long but I cant keep him away from them, Bruce is partial to tonka.

15. Feb 6, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    My big dog does not like to chew toys that much, but I will give him a 2x4 and he will chew it in half in about three days.

16. Feb 6, 2010 at 8:37 AM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    I wouldn't let him chew on wood... he could swallow a splinter and it cause serious tummy problems.

17. Feb 6, 2010 at 8:44 AM
    Apple X C0re

Apple X C0re Atomic Punk

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Franklin, NC
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    De-badged, MetalMiller grille emblem, brush guard, K&N Intake, Thrush tube, Black euro tail lights, Various scratches, Cobra 29LTD CB with custom echo board, 10" sony subwoofer with MTX amp, Black low-profile tool box, 5% tint all around.
    My lab enjoys chunks of 2x4 wood. Untreated, of course.

18. Feb 6, 2010 at 8:47 AM
    RoyB

RoyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    I have a pit mix and she loves to chew things apart.

Pet tires-I have a couple and they hold up real well. She hasn't played with them lately though.

Kongs- She doesn't like the plain round ones for some reason. She tore the wobble one apart in 2 minutes.

Chuck-it Balls- They come in a 2 pack and are orange. These are the best so far. Over the last year she's only broken 1 completely apart.

Tennis balls- Forget the pet-store ones. They are junk. I get a good brand one from target. Usually a 4 pack of Penn will run you 3-4 bucks. Takes her a while to get through those, but at a buck a piece, it's cheap to replace.

Stuffed toys- Forget it

Cat toys- Forget it.

Real bones- I get her real cow bones to chew on and she likes them. Takes a long time to wear them down to nothing. Or a knuckle. Both are hard and tasty and healthy.

Ropes- She doesn't like them. I have a big one outside.

She likes things she can easily fit in her mouth and feel like she has the option to destroy, so Balls are her favorite.

19. Feb 6, 2010 at 9:00 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    My Dog is too retarded to have tummy problems. He chewed the whole front side of his dog house off so he didn't have to duck to go in and out of it. I tried to get him to chew those Kong toys by putting peanutbutter in them, but he just licks it out of it. He shatters cow hooves, and rawhide bones las a day if I am lucky. He chewed a 5 gal. bucket up, and will chew rocks if he has nothing else to chew. The only time he will chew his toys is if you are playing with him. I would get him those cow femurs, but if he shatters the hovves I know he would shatter the femurs. It pretty much got to the point that if I don't give him a 2x4 he will eat his whole dog house. ???????? I don't know what else to give him.

20. Feb 6, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    RoyB

RoyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    maybe ask the vet. sounds like he is a compulsive chewer and maybe needs meds?

Products Discussed in

To Top