1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tow Hitch Kit???

Discussion in 'Towing' started by Smurfio18, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Dec 2, 2008 at 10:32 PM
    Smurfio18

Smurfio18 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northridge
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD PreRunner
    I keep it Stock but Clean!
    I need to get a tow hitch kit ( ball and neck) for my taco which already has the towing package. I found that Costco has a nice 2" kit for $55 that comes with some nice parts: (at the bottom). Does anyone know if there is a better deal on a similar kit. I checked out the rapid hitch set but cant find a better price than $200 and even that is a lot to spend. Let me know what you think?

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11180213&search=tow&Mo=3&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search〈=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=tow&Ntt=tow&No=3&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

2. Dec 2, 2008 at 11:38 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    I have some basic ball mounts and then the Rapid hitch. I'll take the rapid hitch hands down even for the money. it allows me to tow anything i want and get the hitch at just the right height with my lift. If you ever lift your truck this will be a life saver when you go to hook up a trailer. i typically haul one of 3 or 4 different trailers that have different hitch heights/ ball sizes so this is why the rapid hitch is so indispensable to me. If the height is right with a standard fixed mount hitch and you only need to tow one trailer then a regular mount should be fine for you though.
    I just did a quick search and found one for $149- http://www.adventurerv.net/rapid-hitch-aluminum-adjustable-3410-drop-p-3225.html
    [​IMG]

3. Dec 3, 2008 at 12:47 AM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    That is a great price! I have that lock on my hitch bar. I think I paid $15 or $20 for the lock. Great lock!

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top