1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tow hitch + longer shackles = no good?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by kumaWRX, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Jan 27, 2010 at 8:56 PM
    kumaWRX

kumaWRX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jase
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner TRD Offroad
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers, Wheeler's 3-leaf AAL, Toytec 1" lift shackles, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, aFE Stg. 2 intake, Doug Thorley headers, Magnaflow muffler, 16x8 ProComp 7089 wheels, Toyo Open Country A/T tires, Pamalu bedliner, Bakflip G2 bedcover
    I have an 04 double cab and I just installed a Toyota tow hitch I want to get 1 or 2 inch longer shackles to add to my 3-leaf AAL(which only netted me 1 inch) to match the approx 3 inches I got in the front from my SAWs. I was looking and I know the 2 inch lift shackles are gonna be 4 inches longer than stock, and by the looks of it, if I stuff one side offroading, the shackles may hit the tow hitch bracket. Anyone have a similar setup? Is it anything to worry about?

2. Jan 27, 2010 at 10:03 PM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad custom LT kit with King coilovers and bypasses, Deaver J59 leaf packs with custom 8 inch shackles and Bilstein 7100 12" travel shocks, 16x8 Eagle Alloy 137s, 285-75-16 BFG KM2s, custom front bumper and skid, Procomp H911 foglights, custom rear bumper and spare tire carrier, bed bar, Engage Offroad custom chase light rack, Icom V8000 radio
    i dont have any pics, but im running a Deaver 8 leaf pack with custom 8 inch shackles and while it looks like it would hit the tow hitch, it doesnt...

the leaf pack is not long enough to articulate the full length of the shackles...

3. Jan 27, 2010 at 10:43 PM
    kumaWRX

kumaWRX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jase
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner TRD Offroad
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers, Wheeler's 3-leaf AAL, Toytec 1" lift shackles, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, aFE Stg. 2 intake, Doug Thorley headers, Magnaflow muffler, 16x8 ProComp 7089 wheels, Toyo Open Country A/T tires, Pamalu bedliner, Bakflip G2 bedcover
    Sweet, thanks for the help Mike.

To Top