1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tow Package

Discussion in 'Towing' started by MotoXFreeStyle61, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Nov 18, 2007 at 6:45 AM
    Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hopkinton,MA
    Vehicle:
    Nice 6spd,V6, very solid truck
    None currently, but I would like a better sounding exhaust and perhaps a cold air pack and some color coded step bars
    Miketyler, sounds like you will be all set, the TRD package, comes with a larger alt and battery, plus all the things you mentioned I am presuming that you have a auto trans and if there is not a trans cooler already installed you should have one. As Mav491 has pointed out, heat is the enemy of auto trans and anything that can be done, such as trans cooler and reasonably frequent trans oil changes are the key here. If it is an auto trans be sure to keep it out of overdrive when towing anything as heavy as a vintage muscle car, what are you thinking of buying? I hope its a beauty, be sure and send us pictures of your truck and your new toy.
    If I have missed anything , Mav491 will clarify.

Jeff
    06,V6,6spd, 4x4, Brillliant Red, Bone Stock still

2. Nov 18, 2007 at 3:59 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.

Products Discussed in

To Top