1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Towing a Tacoma behind an Rv

Discussion in 'Towing' started by Looter, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Mar 27, 2015 at 5:06 PM
    gearcruncher

gearcruncher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canadain bumper technician
    Great white North 51.0333° N, 93.8333° W
    Vehicle:
    2010.TRD.SportDCLB4x4Limited leather package
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd
    Remove 4 bolts on the rear driveshaft and 4 bolts on the front driveshaft and hang the shafts with a rope or bunji cord . DONE
    Sure you have to crawl under the truck and un-bolt the shafts , but its a lot cheaper than an aftermarket pump . Just sayin

2. Oct 24, 2015 at 8:30 PM
    Skipperh

Skipperh New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ralph
    Vehicle:
    Hainsworth
    I just bought a 2016 Tacoma RWD TRD Sport Automatic. I intended in towing it behind my motorhome. I understand that a Driveline disconnect would be preferred, having a hard time finding a place to purchase/install. Could I tow it with a dolly with the truck back onto the dolly? (rear wheels on the dolly) Leaving the steering lock with the wheels locked in the center (straight)

3. Jan 4, 2019 at 3:53 PM
    tacitos

tacitos Tah-Key-Toes

Member:
    Vehicle:
    16 TRDORDCLBJBL
    What's wrong with just putting the gear selector in neutral?

4. Jan 4, 2019 at 3:57 PM
    HTeeAre

HTeeAre Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Quicksand TRD OR 4x4
    You just revived a 3+ year old thread.
    Also "tacitos" is not pronounced "Tah-Key-Toes" if you were to read it in spanish. It's "taquitos."

I guess I'm contributing to the revival of an old thread, can't really say much then.

5. Aug 29, 2020 at 3:03 AM
    R2tacos

R2tacos Supertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Aurora, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Pro Comp 6" lift Total Chaos adjustable upper control arms Icon coil overs front Pro Comp Pro Runner shocks rear Old man emu leaf pack U-bolt flip kit EBC Drilled and slotted rotors with racing pads Injen tuned intake Road armor front bumper blinker mod aluminum mesh grill LED dome light LED under hood by pressure switch under body LED LED side markers LED grill lights LED dome light LED interior floor lights LED dash board radio/ gauges LED bed lights LED red rear blinkers Paint marched side step 1200W Kicker amp 2-JL Audio 500W 12" subs behind seat black and blue neoprene seat covers front and rear Black and blue steering wheel cover Weathertech floor mats front and rear Weathertech window vents 33x12.5" Goodyear Duratracs 18" Addict all black XD series rims w spare Flowmaster muffler dumps before tires Smoked Painted rear tail lights on outside Smoked inside front lights w clear reflectors HID 10,000K ballast/light kit Siren/mic loudspeaker Lots o green paint. Looking Inside through the grill, clevises, Calipers, drums, lift kit parts,driveline, pumpkin, lids and covers inside the engine compartment.
    Wow what was all that?? I have an automatic 2009 4x4 trd off road. 6 inch lift and I hook up a tow bar. Turn the key just shy of starting it. Put it in neutral. Hookup chain and lights and I'm out. Forget all the other stuff. Are you guys really taking out your driveshaft over and over. It was harder picking out which spike lug nuts I wanted.

6. Apr 27, 2022 at 8:44 PM
    papamark

papamark New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MARK
    Like me Looter probably needs something to run around in once he gets to his camp site a trailer or dolly has to be put somewhere both at home and at the camp site
    when not in use, also when making camp ground reservations you have to add the trailer to the length of your motorhome so now instead of needing a 40ft spot you need 60ft which puts you out of a large number of camp grounds. This is why the preferable set up for people that do a lot of motorhome travel is to tow 4 down.
    Unfortunately Toyota dose not want any of their vehicles towed 4 down so if your vehicle is under warranty be careful. The things you need lights preferably a diod systems that allows you to use your Toyota lighting system, in most state a towed vehicle has to have a brake system that works in tandem with tow vehicle, need to either disables the locking steering column or if you put the key in a position other than locked you need a charge wire from the tow vehicle to maintain your battery.
    Etrailer has all the info and parts for most set ups.

Products Discussed in

To Top