1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Towing Light Probs for noobie

Discussion in 'Towing' started by yodatoyota, Jul 8, 2014.

1. yodatoyota

yodatoyota [OP] Scrub

Member:
    First Name:
    tim
    Barrie Ont. Can
    Vehicle:
    SILVER TRUCK!!!
    ome 886x coil 90,000 shocks, 2" AAL, LR UCA, Bull bar, LED dome light, Autobot hood emblem, 7% tint all around, weather tech floor matts all around and window vents, custom bed side decals, Hilux utility spot lights. fake CB
    Hey fella's, Having some light problems with the stock 7 pin harness/4 pin adapter combo on a small camper. Brake and turn signal lights work but not the day time running lights. However same trailer and 4 pin adapter hooked up to the brother in laws truck, everything works fine. I hooked up to some of the trailers at my work and the same problem happens. Could some one with more know how, confirm with me that my trucks wiring is bad? pretty sure it is but I'd like some more in site.

Sorry if this is a re-post

Cheers

2. 02Duck

02Duck Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2013 4WD TRD Off Road 6 speed
    TRD Exhaust, Ride Rite Air Bags, shortened antenna, ac/def mod, csjumper - LED reverse and interior lights, behind grill 6" Okledlightbar leds activated by high beams, led bed lights, ADD W1 oil catch can, Relentless Fab tailgate reinforcement, front side markers as turn signals mod, rear diff breather to taillight mod, coming soon - inverter mod
    When you say daytime running lights are you referring to the front amber lights on only? Because if that's the case nothing on the trailer will turn on for the daytime running lights. Only parking and headlights will activate trailer lights, in addition to the turns, emergency, brakes, and possibly reverse.

3. jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    13 Access 4x4 TRD Offroad
    Empty gas tank mod
    Most of all trailer light issues are the grounds on the trailer.

4. User Name01

User Name01 I leave on a donkey and come back on a horse

Member:
    First Name:
    El Chicken Little
    Port Arthur/Lubbock, Tx
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Barcelona Red Metallic Dbl Cab 4x4
    mehh
    Do you mean the parking lights?

5. yodatoyota

yodatoyota [OP] Scrub

Member:
    First Name:
    tim
    Barrie Ont. Can
    Vehicle:
    SILVER TRUCK!!!
    ome 886x coil 90,000 shocks, 2" AAL, LR UCA, Bull bar, LED dome light, Autobot hood emblem, 7% tint all around, weather tech floor matts all around and window vents, custom bed side decals, Hilux utility spot lights. fake CB
    sorry for the late reply. but yeah I was referring to the parking brake lights. Turns out I had a faulty relay. (think thats the correct term) Anyways bought a new one for 28 bucks and popped her in. Everything works fine now :)

To Top