1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Towing my Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Towing' started by The Big O, May 22, 2011.

1. May 23, 2011 at 9:12 AM
    ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. I base my comments on my experiences and I've towed heavier bikes than that HD so I know it works.

As far as levers go, sure. But remember, a handlebar is designed to deal with fairly high forces to begin with.

2. May 23, 2011 at 9:33 AM
    PAlittlematty

PAlittlematty "the soulless ginger"

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Beech Creek, PA
    Vehicle:
    I miss my taco
    OME Lift, 885 Coils, 13MM Top Spacer, Dakar Leafs, DSM UCAs, Homeroshi Flush Mount Grille, WeatherTech Digifit Mats, Bestop Super Top, Toyota Bed Extender, Clevice Receiver 1990 SR5 3.slow SAS 5” Leafs, high pinion diff, 37” PBRs, MC rear, AP front bumpers, 5.29s, locked
    Canyon dancers are used because of not havin access to anything to hook a strap on. With the clip ons bein so short they're very strong compared to a set of cruiser bars. The canyon dancer doesn't protect the bars from being scratched, they protect the tank. That's why the microfiber is wrapped around the strap. As for tieing the back of a bike down, its overkill

3. May 23, 2011 at 9:42 AM
    ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    The rear end can hop to one side or another. In the back of a pickup, that might not be such a big problem but on a trailer, it can change the handling characteristic of the trailer. On that three rail I have, the outside bikes will slide into the inside--for dirtbikes, not such a big deal.

4. May 24, 2011 at 3:29 PM
    The Big O

The Big O [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Lyndhurst, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    '11 Taco 4x4 SR5 - Black
    Thanks for everyone's input, sorry it took a while to get back I've been pretty busy. I never towed my bike more than 10 miles so I was kinda nervous about it but I'm feeling pretty good after reading everything.. We just greased up the trailer, drove around for about 20 minutes, then greased it up again so it's ready to go and I wont be breaking 55/60 mph on the highway anyway...

Products Discussed in

To Top