1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

towing x

Discussion in 'X-Runners' started by jbyrd, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Nov 3, 2009 at 6:15 PM
    MAXTacoma

MAXTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    I've been having a hard time finding people who know how to ride with. We usually go down to my property in KY and ride there but that to me is boring considering I have been there a million times. I have been to Ride Royal Blue in TN, that was fun but wasn't really all that challanging.

2. Nov 3, 2009 at 6:20 PM
    MAXTacoma

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    I'm not really to sure if the call it an 18ft or a 17ft. Its a 1996 170 Horizon its 17.8 feet long so I'm not sure. It has the 4.3 Volvo Penta. just wish it was a little bit bigger. Does the Tacoma struggle to pull the 22ft. You boat is exactly what I'm considering buying next. Want to trade?

3. Nov 4, 2009 at 2:48 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/index.php :D

btw your towing capacity is 3500 lbs...the only thing limiting your towing compared to the 6 lug guys are the rear leafs...they can't handle as much weight but other than that it has enough power...

oh yeah and as far as the hitch goes...you might have a bit of a problem since the XRunners have an XBrace in the back...it interferes with most hitches...there are a few that are compatible but im not to sure on which ones...if you want you can always remove the rear X brace...it might affect your handling a bit but you'll be able to put in whatever hitch you want.

4. Nov 5, 2009 at 10:33 AM
    Fienoma

Fienoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hieu
    New Mexcio
    Vehicle:
    2007 double cab Off road 4x4
    BHLM, In bed lights mod, K&N intake,OEM bed extender....more to come?
    oo man thats the size i wanted but the boat is shared between me and my brothers...so i dont have the authority to do anythin with it since im the youngest..my tacoma doesn't struggle all that much suprisingly. my brother took it out to the lake and got stuck in the beach sand..so we had to hook it up to my truck and i got it out no problems!

5. Nov 5, 2009 at 11:15 AM
    MAXTacoma

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    What I bought my boat I wanted a 20-22 ft but after looking at about ten boats I almost gave up until I went to a dealership to look and I saw mine. I really couldn't pass it up. It was everything except the length I was looking for. All the 20-22 ft interiors we trashed. Mine in in perfect condition, just wish it was a little bit bigger.

6. Dec 16, 2009 at 12:32 PM
    lbhsbz

lbhsbz Well-Known Member

Member:
    I used to tow my race car on a flat bed with my X-runner, now I tow my 19ft jet boat. It's got plenty of horsepower to tow damn near anything reasonable, just can't handle the tongue weight, and the stock brakes kinda suck. I've got Stoptechs on mine.

7. Dec 16, 2009 at 11:31 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    X2 theyre small for MY truck

and you guys have the same brakes as me :D which sucks

8. Dec 17, 2009 at 6:02 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    Depends on what gen tundra he has, 4.7 or 5.7, my 06 4.7 Tundra wasnt rated for much more than my 09 Taco.

Products Discussed in

To Top