1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Towing

Discussion in 'Towing' started by Bristow.907, May 15, 2011.

1. May 15, 2011 at 8:52 AM
    Bristow.907

Bristow.907 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Onterrible
    Vehicle:
    07 AC sr5
    Hey everyone, new to the site, just recently bought myself a 2007 tacoma sr5 with 62k km on her. I've only owned it for just over a week, and my god, I love this thing. Couple questions, I've been on this site before, just browsing but never actually posted anything, and my dad had sent me a thread about guys with sleds in the back of there tacomas. I've been riding for almost 17 years and I'm almost 21, have to ask, what do you guys use for towing/hauling your sleds? I saw someone rigged up a platform to stick in the bed of their truck so the skis sit level rather then lopsided and staying on one of the wheel wells, lets see everyones setup, and what you guys have done.

2. May 16, 2011 at 9:36 AM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    I agree with dhk, but if you have to grow where you are planted...

There are pockets in the bed for 2x? boards. Use those and some water resistant plywood to make a platform and ramp. Remember to make supports for the middle.

3. May 16, 2011 at 10:12 AM
    Bristow.907

Bristow.907 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Onterrible
    Vehicle:
    07 AC sr5

I've got a place to keep it, thats not the issue, the issue is hauling it the odd time from lindsay ontario, to wasaga beach. I've found a thread that is helping me out with an idea, thanks for your help and info!

To Top