1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TOYOTA(2001-2004 RUSTY FRAME)WON'T REPLACE ANYMORE!!!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by rjtlawncare, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Feb 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM
    Snowman

Snowman I have a problem for your solution…

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Somewhere in Canada
    Vehicle:
    Check out my build
    OP, Toyota will surely read this and will fix your frame...... Or the frame on your friends truck, or the frame on some truck you saw on youtube. Whatever frame you claim to be yours at the time.

So my advice is to continue complaing on tacomaworld using CAPS LOCK until Toyota gives you a huge cash settlement.

2. Feb 12, 2012 at 2:57 PM
    97T

97T Resident T100 guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Melt
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    97 T100 xcab 5spd 2wd
    soundstream 550.2 amp, 2 eclipse 10" subs, 4% tint rear window, 20% sides, 6" sunstrip, clear bumper lenses, avital 4103 alarm with keyless, BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain T/A 235/75/15, 15X7 6-5.5 0C Unique 298 rims
    good lord .... despite the 1g tacoma recall, toyotas are KNOWN for being prone to rust ... if i didnt live where i do where salt isnt an issue, i would no doubt be driving something else. Your buddys bad for not doing more research on what he was buying

3. Feb 12, 2012 at 3:01 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    You have a better chance of your ball joint failing and killing you than death from a hole in the frame. A rusty frame is not as big of a death trap as you claim. You are making ridiculous accusations. Dana is paying for the frame issues so Toyota is not going broke over this deal. I wish this thread would get locked so you will shut up before you look stupid. Oh wait...

4. Feb 12, 2012 at 3:07 PM
    ERG80

ERG80 Newb

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    1997 T100 & 1996 FZJ80
    rtjlawncare, better research before you just post random videos you think will help your case.
    The story of Dimitrios Biller has been one of the more colorful sideshows in last year’s media-scourging of Toyota, complete with a “book of secrets,” accusations of corporate criminality, counter-accusations of mental instability and a congressional pissing match. But with the Toyota media circus long gone, it now seems that l’affaire Biller was just another distraction from the mundane truth of the unintended acceleration scare. As the Detroit News reports, Biller and Toyota’s legal struggle is over… and Toyota, not Biller, is going to get paid.
    Biller, a California attorney who worked at Toyota Motor Sales USA for four years, from 2003 to 2007, and Toyota had agreed to have their disputes settled by binding arbitration, which limits the grounds for appeal.
    Biller had sued Toyota for defamation and fraud, while Toyota had sued him for violating confidentiality and severance agreements.
    Gary Taylor, a retired judge serving as the arbitrator, concluded in a final award that Toyota should receive $2.5 million in damages from Biller for 10 disclosure violations, plus $100,000 in punitive damages.
    “The evidence showed that Toyota suffered, and will continue to suffer, multiple harms from Mr. Biller’s contract breaches,” Judge Taylor wrote.
    He also ordered Biller to return documents, including attorney-client documents, he’d taken from Toyota and allow the company to inspect his computers.

“Throughout this process, Mr. Biller has continuously made misleading and inaccurate allegations about Toyota’s conduct, and we feel this award is an appropriate consequence of his actions and completely discredits his meritless attacks on our company and our people,” Christopher Reynolds, Toyota Motor Sales Inc.’s general counsel, said in the statement.

http://pressroom.toyota.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2833

5. Feb 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM
    rjtlawncare

rjtlawncare [OP] Active Member

Member:
    For all of you Toyota employees and Toyota affiliates on this site, I understand you are standing together and backing your company, however, I feel that it is necessary to inform others about this problem and safety issue. (That is what these sites are designed for). Furthermore, I want others to understand the difficulties that a person who owns a Toyota Tacoma (2001-2004) has to go through in order to try to have this safety issue resolved. Thank you!

6. Feb 12, 2012 at 4:14 PM
    97T

97T Resident T100 guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Melt
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    97 T100 xcab 5spd 2wd
    soundstream 550.2 amp, 2 eclipse 10" subs, 4% tint rear window, 20% sides, 6" sunstrip, clear bumper lenses, avital 4103 alarm with keyless, BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain T/A 235/75/15, 15X7 6-5.5 0C Unique 298 rims
    id be willing to bet 98% of this sites membership has no affiliation to Toyota whatsoever other than loving their trucks.

While i will admit this site does have some Toyota apologetics (search and find the thread about windshield seals) .... i still maintain that your buddy should have more throughly researched what he was purchasing. I owned a 99 mazda b2500 (same as ford ranger) before i bought my yota, and as stated earlier, if i lived where salts an issue, i would have kept it (frames a hell of a lot more solid) and fixed the minor issues it had .... but i needed more tow capacity which my t100 offers

7. Feb 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM
    Zork

Zork Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA / KY
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner V6 D-Cab
    Alpine CDA-9885
    Wrong! I bought my 2000 Taco spanking off the lot in SoCal, and now I'm in KY. Toyota somehow tracked me and sent me the notice. So even Cali trucks that have migrated to states where salt is used are covered. Luckily my frame was clean, but couldnt tell you how many trolls came trying to score on my truck because of the frame issues.

I think Toyota is being real carefull with people trying to cash in on the whole rusty frame.

8. Feb 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM
    FOUR X FOUR DUDE.

FOUR X FOUR DUDE. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Mountain Center, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4
    TRD wheels, BFG tires, factory installed option.
    I hear-by declare this thread D-E-A-D.......immediately, if not sooner.

9. Feb 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    They are. It used to be 150% kbb. Now it's what you paid for it. But you still get the frame replacement for 01-04. As far as I know, Toyota is not denying anyone unless the inspection deadline was not met (in which they should be denied). If the OP is actually having this big of a problem, some documentation would surface about Toyota canceling the program. Since it's not a recall it can end at any time, but I'm sure Toyota would keep their word about 15 years from in-service date.

10. Feb 12, 2012 at 5:56 PM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Intake, exhaust, lift. Typical stuff.

You're my hero.

11. Feb 12, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    Snowman

Snowman I have a problem for your solution…

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Somewhere in Canada
    Vehicle:
    Check out my build
    Sarcasm

Fail

12. Feb 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    :locked:

13. Feb 13, 2012 at 11:45 PM
    x2468

x2468 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 TRD 4wd V6 Xcab Sr5
    If true, this is interesting. I wonder if the 25 million they got from Dana dried up? Or if they moved it around, maybe to pay short falls after the accelerator debacle and/or the tsunami.

14. Feb 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM
    x2468

x2468 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 TRD 4wd V6 Xcab Sr5
    I wonder where I would or would have fell in my situation. Truck was sold in PA and spent one winter there, then the original owner moved to north florida.

15. Feb 13, 2012 at 11:52 PM
    x2468

x2468 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 TRD 4wd V6 Xcab Sr5
  16. Feb 14, 2012 at 12:05 AM
    x2468

x2468 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 TRD 4wd V6 Xcab Sr5
    Yeah, RTJLawncares methods of trying to get his point across leave some to be desired. It's still a fairly important topic for those legitimately concerned about their Tacomas. I'm going to make some phone calls this week and see what happens if I ask for an inspection.

Also, want to apologize to Gelo760 for my reaction. I think he thought that I was the owner of the truck RTJlawncare was referencing, and somehow in on some type of rabble rousing.

17. Feb 16, 2012 at 6:19 PM
    Freemald

Freemald Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner
    I'm new to the TacomaWorld forum and I have a couple of questions. I just purchased a 2003 Tacoma and I LOVE this truck. I have now been reading about this frame rust issue and it has me concerned. My truck is in great condition and the frame seems to be alright. When I purchased it I looked at the frame and nothing jumped out...I saw a little rust but nothing that seemed to be a real concern.

BUT I do have rust (what seems to be surface rust here and there, but it's mainly on the welds). I called Toyota and they checked my VIN and said my Taco didn't qualify for the frame inspection. The truck was purchased in CA and moved to VA in 2007. I,m the 3rd owner and I also live in VA where we do salt the roads. I wanted to have them inspect my taco so I could fall under the 15 year warranty if my frame gets worse over the years. I got a call from Toyota today basically saying I was SOL because the truck wasn't inspected by the deadline by the previous owner. My questions are:

1: Should I call Toyota and try to push the issue?

or

2: Should I go ahead and sell my Taco before this rust spreads like cancer and I'm out 12,000 in a couple of years with a condemned truck (if the rust spreads)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys

18. Feb 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    Your truck is now 9 years old. some surface rust is to be expected on any vehicle of that age. Toyota will not and should not do anything for you. If you are concerned, get under it with a wire brush and some paint and take care of the rust.

19. Feb 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Intake, exhaust, lift. Typical stuff.
    What part of VA are you in? My truck is an '01 and has seen Va roads for its entire life and I have minimal to no rust. I think that unless you are living in the north, you shouldnt worry. If you really feel obliged, just take it to a shop and have it sprayed.

20. Feb 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    capetaco12

capetaco12 .<>./

Member:
    Cleveland Ledge, MA
    Vehicle:
    Sold: 33's,armor,crawler,dents, ect. 2020 Gladiator
    OME lift CBI sliders, front bumper homemade rear bumper 33x12.50 m/t Gears Aussie locker inchworm crawlbox Homemade flat belly
    THE WORST PART IS THAT TOYOTA DID NOTHING DIFFERENT WITH THE NEW FRAMES! THEY WILL RUST OUT THE SAME WAY AGAIN.

Products Discussed in

To Top