1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Announces Voluntary Safety Recalls of Certain Camry, Venza and Tacoma Vehicles

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacomaPrime, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Jul 21, 2012 at 1:39 PM
    singleboy3

singleboy3 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    frank
    columbia sc
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 TRD offroad
    where do you go to check your vin...or is it just if your light came on?

2. Jul 21, 2012 at 1:50 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    If your light is on, check with your dealer and they can check to see if you fall under the recall.

You can also create an account with Toyota's owner's web site and it will keep you updated.

If your light is not on, at this point, do nothing.
    The dealerships do NOT have the ultimate replacement part. They are currently applying a band-aid fix to vehicles that already have "a light" by replacing the clockspring, but the replacement is the same part that failed and it will need to be replaced again when the final repair parts are available.

3. Jul 27, 2012 at 10:07 PM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    stopped by the dealer today to see if they had parts...they did...in and out in about an hour.

4. Jul 28, 2012 at 8:28 AM
    FTB530

FTB530 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yuba City Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2005 toyota tacoma
    level kit,air raid intake,
    My local dealer told me if the light is on your air bags will not work in case of an accident, But i guess if you don't mind that then drive it ,i want mine to work when im driving the truck,, , Yea yea yea i know we drove for a hundred years with out air bags.

5. Aug 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM
    gocky

gocky Well-Known Member

Member:
    canyon lake
    Vehicle:
    CCLB 4X TRD sport
    urd intake, race runner coilovers, fox 2.0 piggy back rear, tsb leafs, pro comp light bar, kc 6x9 hid, bfg mud terrain km1, tailgate anti theft mod, banks exhaust, oil filter drain hose extension, optima yellow top. debadged and peeled all the stickers off
    they reprogram your truck so you can't do powerbrake burnouts....

6. Aug 1, 2012 at 1:14 PM
    jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?

FIRST!!!!!

:facepalm:

7. Aug 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM
    Rail

Rail Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Pre-Runner TRD Sport
    I took mine in when the light came on and they ordered the part and I went back and they replaced it.

8. Aug 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    And you will have to replace it again when the new parts are available.

It's been over 4 months... they have got to be close to a solution!

9. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:03 PM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 LRGRNR

Member:
    Boone, NC\Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    Worth it!

10. Aug 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    Rail

Rail Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    I made a point to ask the service manager if this was the same part that came on the vehicle and he said it was a new part number. Here is the number they replaced with. If he lied to me, I will be back up there to the service dept. and also take the salesman with me that sold me the truck. I will also go somewhere else and trade this truck in and buy a new one from someone else. Is this a different part number?
    CABLE SUB-ASSY, S TO8430604080

11. Aug 3, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    I don't know the comparative part numbers, but the recall letter stated that the "remedy part" is being developed, and in the event the light comes on, the dealer will fix it. Another letter will be sent when the remedy parts are available.

The final "fix" parts are not yet available, and yes, the service manager lied to you. The part number may or may not be the same... but honestly, the final recall replacement part may or may not use the same part number.
    In some cases, when a part is superseded, the "dash" number is updated such as "-Y1" becomes "-Y2", but in other cases when the old part is completely eliminated and no longer available, the replacement part may carry the same part number.

12. Aug 4, 2012 at 5:31 AM
    yarik83

yarik83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Yuri
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD SR5 DoubleCab 4x4
    Right now truck is stock. Bought it used but planning a mountain bike rack, tow ball thingie and some sort of truck bed cover
    Hold your horses there champ. No need to trade your truck because of part numbers. People that work at dealerships never know what they are talking about so he did not lie to you. He told you the truth as it showed up on his screen. He is under strict instruction not to know anything about anything at no point in time so if his screen shows part number XXY and you need XXY-1 he thinks that his part number is right because it is only thing that comes up on the screen.

If your car is under warranty and you got your "temporary fix" then you have nothing to worry about until they figure out how to make a new part and you will have to take your truck in again.

If you paid for the part like I did then you will not be getting a refund until they develop a new part, send 2nd recall notices, provide you with instructions for a refund, you have all the paperwork documenting purchase of parts and labor, they approve it and only then 6 or so weeks later you would be getting a refund.

Temporary fix part works just like original. Unless your light went on again, it will work quite fine.

My temporary fix part number is 84306-04080 which was installed September 2011. We are now pushing 1 year since I changed the part and about 6 months since Toyota issued a recall.

13. Aug 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM
    gocky

gocky Well-Known Member

Member:
    canyon lake
    Vehicle:
    CCLB 4X TRD sport
    urd intake, race runner coilovers, fox 2.0 piggy back rear, tsb leafs, pro comp light bar, kc 6x9 hid, bfg mud terrain km1, tailgate anti theft mod, banks exhaust, oil filter drain hose extension, optima yellow top. debadged and peeled all the stickers off
    that transfer case in that jeep cherokee exploded because the guy was going 70 on the freeway for 150 miles, if you keep it slow on a fairly straight "paved" road for a couple miles under 70 u should be ok. I do it every month, just like the manual says to. Oh and I'm sure it also exploded because it's a crapola chrysler product we've now paid for twice with our taxes

14. Aug 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Uhh... I think you posted to the wrong thread.

And if the cherokee you are referring to is the one that I mentioned in another thread where my buddy had it "lemoned out", it was not even a 4x4... it was because the roof rusted out twice (in California!).

15. Aug 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM
    FTB530

FTB530 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yuba City Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2005 toyota tacoma
    level kit,air raid intake,
    So since i already paid to have my truck fix they owe me my money and still have to replace the spiral cable with the newly designed part? Im pretty sure i might as well try to kiss my own ass because i know the local dealer is going to tell me too lol.

16. Aug 5, 2012 at 8:15 PM
    Rail

Rail Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Thanks

17. Aug 5, 2012 at 8:15 PM
    Rail

Rail Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Thanks

18. Aug 9, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    This is weird....

I called my TWO local Toyota dealerships to ask them about the Recall - and if they're performing them yet.... and they both said my truck isn't involved.

There's no RECALL listed in the system for my truck. ????

I thought all the early models were affected? Anyone else not involved in this?

19. Aug 9, 2012 at 12:10 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy The dog did it...I swear!

Member:
    High Desert
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 VSC/TRAC/DAC/HAC
    snugtop supersport canopy, black westin bullbar/tube steps, piaa offroad lights, weathertech floor mats, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    ^ Same with my 07. I wonder how they're deciding which trucks of the years effected get the recall? Maybe it's just ones built at a certain plant or during certain months? :notsure: Mine was built in Fremont Calif in Dec of 06.

20. Aug 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    go to the toyota customer page and create an account (if you havent already). in there you can put in your VIN and it'll show what recalls are applicable to your specific vehicle.

To Top