1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota chick pissed, need help!!!

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by jilly07, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 25, 2009 at 3:43 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    I'm joining this thread to see how her dilemma turns out...:spy: :rolleyes:

2. Jun 26, 2009 at 4:04 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I wonder if the windows were left cracked and the tape was left on for the proper length of time, or how soon after installation the truck was driven.
    I'm going on my 2nd windshield in less than a year and they gave me pretty specific instructions on how to allow the windshield to seal properly. Maybe the guy was too busy drooling to do a quality job and provide quality instructions.

3. Jun 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM
    jilly07

jilly07 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    Westin Bull Bar, K C Lights, Weathertech Liners, Toyo All Terrain Tires, Dale Earnhardt, Jr Cannon (series 1091) wheels.
    Thanks, maybe but I didn't drive it for 2 days and left the tape on that whole time and still rolled windows down to shut door.:)

4. Jun 26, 2009 at 7:52 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    You do know that 37 is a PRIME number right? lol. Kudos for not being 29 for 8 yrs!

5. Jun 26, 2009 at 8:09 AM
    jilly07

Member:
    SW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    Westin Bull Bar, K C Lights, Weathertech Liners, Toyo All Terrain Tires, Dale Earnhardt, Jr Cannon (series 1091) wheels.
    Thanx, 37= I know what I like and just how I like it :wink:

6. Jun 26, 2009 at 8:14 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro

...and to see if she folds and posts pictures!

By all rights though, you can't claim you are hot and not post pictures. Maybe you are just smarter than us men and used that in your title line to get 4 pages of responses.

I post a question and struggle to get a single response. I may try your tactic!

7. Jun 26, 2009 at 5:09 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    She could drag this out for months!!!:D

8. Jun 26, 2009 at 5:16 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
  9. Jun 26, 2009 at 5:38 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    Ok,

She is a Taco owner and :cool::cool:...

Jilly07, the insurance company NEEDS to know and this guys balls need to be served.......I broke the side window out of mine ( TV's leaning on them puts nice spidies:rolleyes:;) ) and the insurance company sent a "jobber" out.....They brought clear glass instead of tint....NOT...Factory replacement means just that....The tech apologized and came back the next day with the right glass....I'm of the notion you will not settle for 2nd best ,so get it fixed to your satisfaction ............GOOD LUCK.......

Keep us updated .....

Snoope back quiet

10. Jun 26, 2009 at 6:01 PM
    jilly07

Member:
    SW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD

Believe me the insrurance co. knows and I told them not to recommend that ass bag to anybody else. I'm taking her into shop next week. This guy put my bull bar & K C lights on, so I trust him. I just didn't know that he also did windshields. Thanks

11. Jun 26, 2009 at 6:09 PM
    jilly07

Member:
    SW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    OH and the pics of the child molester "MJ" not cool:mad:
    I'm a child abuse investigator:der:
    Maybe he's in a better place :devil:

12. Jun 26, 2009 at 6:13 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    hes eating popcorn! :D

13. Jun 26, 2009 at 6:41 PM
    mainland_newfie

mainland_newfie Mainland Newfie

Member:
    ontario, canada
    Vehicle:
    TRD Tacoma
    skid plate, side step rails, new rims, hose clamp, 20% tint, G4 Tonneau cover, JVC 7 in double din stereo/dvd
    as a prison guard, he's rottting in hell

14. Jun 27, 2009 at 12:32 AM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    Just think the children of the world are safe from him now.

McCuly Culkin can sleep on his stomach again in peace. No more nightmares of Jesus Juice and chimpanzees.

15. Jun 27, 2009 at 5:14 AM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    WOW,

Some of you might be tough on trail rides,take a wrong turn and end up in Canada .......this thread has gone from helping a "Taco owner",turned right at "Maxim pix",two lefts at "Beat it" and now we are looking for gas at the intersection of why? and where the he!! are we...:rolleyes:;)

Jilly07, you do see the ramifications of letting a "Lady" take the lead from a group of guys..they will follow you through the Mud Bog instead of a puddle,try foolishly to climb a mountain instead of the hill and show their "Flex" or how they can transform "Stock" into 4-6" more:eek:.....

Snoope back quiet

16. Jun 27, 2009 at 5:22 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I lost focus after reading that...

17. Jun 27, 2009 at 6:37 AM
    jilly07

Member:
    SW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    :rofl:That's great!

18. Jun 27, 2009 at 6:41 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    A good read on windshield replacement:
    http://www.acrglass.com/cure_time.htm

I have also found that if the installer puts pressure on the glass or hits it with mallets, the glass will in fact distort....

19. Jun 27, 2009 at 7:08 AM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    I've done windshields before and this guy was trying everything to not have to take out that windshield. When you said the "old" man couldnt "handle" the windshield thats what went wrong. when you cut it out that cut you leave needs to be level because that is your surface for the new eurathane, cutting through eurathane with the cutter is no joke trust me especially if its cold out. when it is put back on you have to be really careful to get it laid on there without smearing it around and causing air pockects. a lot of windshields need 2 guys to actually do it but who is gonna waste wages on a guy to stand there and help you place the windshield for 5 mins(on a mobile business). in a shop odds are someone is there to help. I will say a mobile business can do just as good a job as the shop but if i seen an old guy out there trying to handle my windshield i would have called the shop. Hope your windshield gets fixed right.

20. Jun 27, 2009 at 7:12 AM
    Killer Red Taco

Killer Red Taco NorCal Rock Whore

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    007 Tacoma A/C TRD O/R Impulse Red 4x4
    Bilstein 5100 on front at 1.75 setting • 5100 on back• K&N Air Filter• TRD Seat Covers• Day Time Running Lights• Foglights Anytime• Hella 500 lights in grille• Rear TSB Springs• Alternative Locker Mod• CB and 4 ft firestick II• Billet Grille• Kid puke in the back!• 265/75R16 Goodyear MT/R• 16" Devino wheels• Hose Clamp Mod• Revenge Fab Sliders• No Sway Bar• A Hottie as Copilot
    Wow 4 pages on a windshield replacements.

Oh

Wait

TW has another lady friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top