1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota cleared of charges??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DocD, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Feb 9, 2011 at 8:11 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Doug's a good looking guy .

2. Feb 9, 2011 at 8:13 AM
    kprstaco

kprstaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    FL
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport 4X4 DCLB AT JBL
    in my 2000 VW Jetta GLS. I was approaching stopped an intersection with stopped traffic. Stepped on the brakes and noticed the car was fighting me. Just kept wanting to go.

So I stomped on the brake pedal and looked down at my gas pedal. It was stuck on the top edge of the my cheapass floor mat!:eek:

I reached down and yanked the floor mat backwards, all good.

3. Feb 9, 2011 at 8:23 AM
    PeteH

PeteH Well-Known Member

Member:

I will type this slllooowwwly so you can understand.:D
    My post is bashing how congress and the media handled/demonized/ mis-represented the sticking acc. issues. I am not bashing the US, we ARE NOT an imperialist nation, we DO NOT take over natural resources of other nations, that was a statement about the current state of mind in the world of liberals.
    As to the direct competition: Gm and Chrysler both manufacture cars and trucks. Toyota also manufactures cars and trucks. Do you see the direct competition link yet?????
    The difference is that the gov. currently owns a large portion of GM and Chrysler. The gov. is involved in the operations of both corporations and the gov. needs to protect its investment/bailout value.
    Rumors of widespread accelerator pedal issues, accusations of internal cover-ups and a demand to testify before congress did more to help GM and Chrysler than anything else the gov has done since the bailout.

4. Feb 9, 2011 at 8:28 AM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Hahahaha

5. Feb 9, 2011 at 8:31 AM
    PeteH

PeteH Well-Known Member

Member:
    :confused: You disagree?

6. Feb 9, 2011 at 8:31 AM
    TexAggie

TexAggie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    OME Lift
    PeteH I totally agree with you. What I always point out is the timing of it all. The accidents in question happened way before the Gov. took over GM and way before Obama became President, but it only became a problem after the Gov. took control of GM. I don't know how you can’t see that it’s relevant.

7. Feb 9, 2011 at 8:39 AM
    wlmuncy

wlmuncy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2007 Double Cab Manual 4*4
    The only fines were for not reporting to the government their initial review of the problem which was for the sticky accelerator and the mats. Those are still confirmed as issues, which resulted in the recall. So all this proves is that once Toyota was called out to do something about the issues, what they started doing was the right thing.

8. Feb 9, 2011 at 9:22 AM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Oh , you're serious .

My bad , I thought you were joking .

Nevermind .

Products Discussed in

To Top