1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota DC Running Boards on AC - Finally!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Janster, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Sep 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM
    Janster

Janster [OP] Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I've been talking about wanting to do this for a year. I'd been researching it and never knew if I could make it work or not. It wasn't a priority....and I wasn't about to spend $300+ on a new set and find out they wouldn't work.
    So - I stumbled across a set for sale only 1 hour from my house and I jumped on them!! Thanks Brad (pataco)!

These are Toyota OEM Running boards for a Double Cab (2005+).
    It was really pretty easy to do!! Remove a few tabs, screws, and drill a couple holes and put everything back together. I will have a write-up for it here soon. I took a bunch of pictures.
    At this point, I've only got the drivers side mounted because I thought I had enough bolts at home, but didn't and will get some more tomorrow.

Here's what they look like fully installed. Exactly what I wanted - mostly for stepping on to wash the rear cab window & roof & for door dings.

They're a little dirty (and so is my truck)
    [​IMG]

FYI - and WARNING: The back section of the running boards does not have any support. There's about 18" of overhang. However - I weigh 145lbs and I was able to step on the very end of the running board (lightly) and it supported my weight. It may or may not need some additional support off the frame for anyone who plans to step on that back corner.

2. Sep 7, 2009 at 2:36 PM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    nice work janster looks great :D

3. Sep 13, 2009 at 7:29 AM
    Janster

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
  4. Sep 13, 2009 at 7:32 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    That looks slick. I like it with your bull bar.

5. Sep 13, 2009 at 7:39 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud There's a mod for that!

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Subaru WRX
    Bilsteins 5100's (Front & Rear), GrillCraft, Line-X'ed Skid Plate & Bumper Valence, Blacked out hood scoop, Avid Light Bar and much more.
    It does look good, especially with the running boards ending right where the fender flares start. Not too sure about the whole "not using the rear bolts thing," but I guess as long as you know about it. Perhaps a yellow sticker on the step that says Running board will not be able to withstand an additional 5 lbs of weight. Haha! I hope you got that joke.

Good job on the install.

6. Sep 13, 2009 at 7:50 AM
    Janster

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    That's funny.... I wonder what type of weight restrictions these running boards have to begin with. I bought them used and someone probably ripped the original sticker off :D

I'm still gonna ponder on how to strengthen that section up - when time permits.

7. Sep 13, 2009 at 7:58 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Janster,

Have you ever thought of debadging? I think it would look great on your truck. It would go well with the "clean" theme and it's easier to wax.

To Top