1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Frame Settlement Postcard

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tcBob, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Jun 30, 2017 at 10:09 AM
    briangig

briangig Well-Known Member

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 DCSB
    when was it sprayed? When I was at the dealer, they phrased it 'because the original owner didn't get the frame sprayed, you are covered under the pending program"....this was one person at one dealer, so take it with a grain of salt.

2. Jun 30, 2017 at 10:11 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Fuck it, I'm gonna go have my frame repaired outside of Toyota. They can reimburse me, and Ill have my damn truck straitened out. These lawyer mother fuckers are taking too much time spreading their bullshit.

3. Jun 30, 2017 at 11:23 AM
    briangig

briangig Well-Known Member

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 DCSB
    I ended up buying a commuter car...taking the taco off the road. Been considering it for a while, just for wear and tear, but this was the final straw. Not gonna have the truck imploding on the next pothole.

george101 likes this.
  4. Jun 30, 2017 at 12:06 PM
    cliffyk

cliffyk Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Saint Augustine, FL
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB SR5 TRD Sport 145k miles
    Before you do be aware that under the terms of the Brian Warner v. Toyota USA settlement agreement class members (which you are unless you filed a request for exclusion on or before 3/27/2017) you cannot sue Toyota for frame rust issues.

from the long form notice to class members:
    [​IMG]

With the current appeals in play there may be a window of opportunity--but talk to a lawyer before spending a bunch of money in anticipation of being reimbursed by Toyota...

5. Jun 30, 2017 at 1:52 PM
    JeffreyB

JeffreyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    2015 Access Cab 2.7 5 Speed 4X4
    I know it sucks but waiting is the best move here. Even if you exclude yourself in the appeals window, do you know what it will cost in both time and money to sue Toyota by yourself for a reimbursement?

If you seriously think it may break in half on any given pothole, park it and buy a 10 year old commuter with the money you were going to spend on the frame. Buzz around in that until this is all straightened out, and then sell the commuter. You will barely lose anything on it and you won't be out on your frame replacement.

cliffyk likes this.
  6. Jun 30, 2017 at 3:50 PM
    jayreck

jayreck New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Sr5 access cab
    Where in the settlement does it say if you had the Crc applied you are not part of the class action lawsuit?

7. Jun 30, 2017 at 5:19 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Says somewhere that I have til 7/20/17 to file for reimbursement

8. Jun 30, 2017 at 5:35 PM
    cliffyk

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Saint Augustine, FL
    Vehicle:
    Yes, 60 days after the final judgement to file for reimbursement, however the expenses had to be incurred before January 3, 2017:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The March 27 date was the deadline for filing a request to be excluded from the class:

[​IMG]

9. Jun 30, 2017 at 5:42 PM
    cliffyk

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Saint Augustine, FL
    Vehicle:
    It doesn't my previous post was in error--however there is an exclusion for "new" CRC treatment being applied to previously treated trucks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TRDSport10 likes this.
  10. Jun 30, 2017 at 6:13 PM
    jgantzler

jgantzler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    As far as I know, it wasn't sprayed. I'll see if the dealer can pull all the service records and see if it was ever done.

11. Jun 30, 2017 at 6:43 PM
    20RustyTaco06

20RustyTaco06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    Dublin, GA
    Vehicle:
    2006 sr5 Tacoma DBL cab auto/4wd
    Complete Pioneer audio Supreme Suspension 3" spacer lift 255/75-17 Kuhmos/Sport wheels 1.25" wheel spacers Tint
    https://www.toyota.com/owners/

Once you set up an account and enter your vehicle you'll have access to all recorded service/recalls done to vehicle. Also has some other good info as far as specs and semi-up to date news and bulletins.

jgantzler likes this.
  12. Jul 1, 2017 at 4:53 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Son of a bitch. I didn't see that January shit. Good looking out, I appreciate ya.

13. Jul 4, 2017 at 3:28 PM
    darcycook

darcycook Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 Toyota Tacoma
    ANY ONE HAVE A THINKING WHEN TO GO TO THE DEALERSHIP TO GET STARTED ON THE FRAME REPLACEMENT

14. Jul 4, 2017 at 3:32 PM
    doorsidedown

doorsidedown Well-Known Member

Member:
    IMG_2234.jpg

sorry bro... couldn't resist. :D

lynyrd3, N919HJ and Fitz235 like this.
  15. Jul 4, 2017 at 3:37 PM
    darcycook

darcycook Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 Toyota Tacoma
    o, ok didn't realize

16. Jul 4, 2017 at 3:53 PM
    cliffyk

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Saint Augustine, FL
    Vehicle:
    Yes, whenever the courts and lawyers get done dicking around with it.

At this point examining what I have been able to find about the appeals it could be 3 to 6 months or more¹...

--------------------------------------------
    ¹- Just in case you were confused the government does not give a rats-backside about you--this is the "swamp" that needs to be drained; whether the current guy can do that remains to be seen--but we need to at least keep electing guys that claim they can...

17. Jul 4, 2017 at 4:27 PM
    roadking1

roadking1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    n.j.
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TrdPro 6-speed manual
    I am guessing December..

18. Jul 4, 2017 at 4:30 PM
    cliffyk

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Saint Augustine, FL
    Vehicle:
    I think that as good a guess as any...

roadking1[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Jul 4, 2017 at 5:05 PM
    20RustyTaco06

20RustyTaco06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    Dublin, GA
    Vehicle:
    2006 sr5 Tacoma DBL cab auto/4wd
    Complete Pioneer audio Supreme Suspension 3" spacer lift 255/75-17 Kuhmos/Sport wheels 1.25" wheel spacers Tint
    I've contacted Heffler and Toyota. Heffler says they can't do anything cause the case is tied up in the appeals process.
    Toyota also says they can't do anything nor give information due to the case....And to direct my emails and questions to Heffler.
    It's a merry-go-round of folks that don't know dick, waiting for someone above them to say, "okay, here's your billing codes, you may commence repairs."
    It may be December when they give the go ahead, but, unless they pre-order replacement frames before the rush, we're probably gonna be waiting another year due to back orders.
    Another thing, with a suspected 225,000 frames needing replaced, we will also need loaner vehicles. Where will those come from?
    I myself don't think my frame will make it another year.
    What I've decided to do is take my truck up to Toyota service center, schedule an oil change, and wait for the tech to do his complimentary safety inspection. When it fails I'll go over my options with the dealer and see where I stand. Either way it will be documented then and if something happens, well, y'all get the gist.

outlawtacoma and N919HJ like this.
  20. Jul 5, 2017 at 8:15 PM
    kenndeemer

kenndeemer Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma
    @cliffyk thats all very helpful! and great news.

Another question - I have an R titled vehicle...Does this exclude me? I see Salvaged vehicles are excluded, but mine is R title not Salvage title.

Products Discussed in

To Top