1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota ignores the MUD FLAPS issue, CALL them.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mvega1969, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Jan 13, 2009 at 11:45 AM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    My first new Toyota was a 79 4x PU, (that was the first production year by the way) it had flexible flaps and I only damaged one after 285,000 miles and a lot of those were some pretty hard core off roading.

To be honest, the flaps on my new 08 TRD Off Road belong behind the wheels of a lexus.

Lots of comments here saying if you don't like em take em off but the point is that Toyota had durable and functional flaps years ago that held up just fine.

For whatever reason Toyota has chosen to use the current flap and unless they hear the displeasure from customers they will most likely continue.

in my experience Toyota has always provided a pretty high quality vehicle, hell this is my 4th one and I wouldn't have bought this one if I didn't like the others but as far as the mud flaps, they need to rethink that one.

Will the crappy mud flaps cause me to buy another truck next time?
    Probably not cause it's one of those little things, but at the same time if you get enough little things they somehow start to snowball and add up.

Products Discussed in

To Top