1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota/Lexus .cuw File Checker Tool

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by ktbell444, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Dec 1, 2022 at 3:05 PM
    ktbell444

ktbell444 [OP] One who throws exceptions

Member:
    First Name:
    Karl
    ᚺᛖᛚᚺᛖᛁᛗ
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Pro - Army Green
    Not sure if this is the appropriate place, but it seems to be the best based on the use cases. If I am wrong, then feel free to move this thread, mods.

I created a simple .cuw file checker tool for those who may update ECU's on Toyota or Lexus vehicles often. This tool will instantly parse all data from a .cuw file we care about. The script is simple to use and can handle multiple files simultaneously.

Below are some videos of the tool in action (you may need to full-screen the video and set it to the highest quality to see what is going on):

As you can see, the script cannot be easier to use. Drag and drop the .cuw file(s), which will immediately return the results on the screen.

While most tuners already have all of the .cuw files they want/use and likely already have well-organized files, this tool would be great for those new to your team or who may not have everything pre-sorted.

I can already hear some of you saying, "but you can just open the .cuw file(s) in notepad and see the same info!" <insert Spongebob mocking meme here>. Sure you can! And you can just run the .cuw files while connected to a vehicle and see the same info too! So why is opening the file in a text editor the preferred method over guessing & checking while connected to a vehicle? Because it's faster! And my tool is quicker than opening in a text editor! Don't we all want faster and easier?

Lastly, this tool is available to anyone interested in using it, including a "competitor," as it would not benefit anyone other than saving a bit of time. Feel free to distribute within your networks as well, just give credit where credit is due.

Regarding support, I am not sure I plan to continue support, but we will see as time progresses. I quickly drafted this up so some errors may arise that I am unaware of. I did test this on ~180 .cuw files and had no issues, but Toyota does like to change things up as the years go by. If there's enough interest, I may make changes on request.

Please note that this tool can only run on Windows.

The .zip file is attached to this post for those interested.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
    gbmax, wahoobie and disk_55FL like this.
  2. Dec 2, 2022 at 6:44 AM
    wahoobie

wahoobie TidewaterCustoms.com

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Suffolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCLB 4x4 SR5ish
    VA/Remote YotaWerx Tuning
    ktbell444[OP] likes this.
  3. Dec 2, 2022 at 6:49 AM
    JasonLee

JasonLee Hello? I'm a truck.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Q322+3C Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD OffRoad
    TRD Supercharger and more.
    @tonered - another tool to add to the ECU thread?

ktbell444[OP] likes this.
  4. Dec 2, 2022 at 6:51 AM
    ktbell444

ktbell444 [OP] One who throws exceptions

Member:
    First Name:
    Karl
    ᚺᛖᛚᚺᛖᛁᛗ
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Pro - Army Green
    That was my initial intention. Unfortunately the main thread is locked. :pout:

5. Dec 2, 2022 at 7:03 AM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    Sorry, but with the vF Forum gone because Toyota was paying attention to file sharing, I have done the same. There's enough info remaining there to figure things out.

Products Discussed in

To Top