1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TOYOTA of DALLAS ----- UPDATE ----- VERY VERY LONG

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 2003RC51, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 10, 2010 at 3:58 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    I also get my local dealer to beat their prices every time. Lets show them what impact we have on their profit. Parts and Service make alot of money for the dealership.

2. Mar 10, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    That sucks about your dealer, chris and the parts dept i agree are standup guys, its just unfortunate that they don't run the whole dealership.

3. Mar 10, 2010 at 4:13 PM
    choptop

choptop Molōn labe!

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner TEP
    Call your insurance carrier and see if they can help by filing a repair claim against Toyota of Dallas. DO NOT take the truck back to ToD under any circumstances. F'em

4. Mar 10, 2010 at 4:13 PM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    That sucks. I wish I lived in the Dallas area so I could boycott the dealership and have it mean something. Saying I won't buy a vehicle from them does no good since it's unlikely I would anyway.

Where's the guy from the other thread to defend those d-bags now??

5. Mar 10, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    kulitxplod

kulitxplod Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner
    This simply amazes me. I'm not sure how to respond to the idea of continuing to do business Toyota of Dallas or its affiliates. To each is own is right, so I choose my right to NOT purchase from them, to NOT recommend them or their affiliates for parts purchases, and to NOT promote them as a good business dealer.

Contributing to their sales (TRDPARTS4U, Toyota of Dallas, etc) contributes to the very management and owners that have caused this situation to escalate. Again, if someone chooses to continue to do business with these companies, that's your business. I can't understand why someone would want to do business with them, but again, your choice.

You'll hear slack for going back to them, "I told you so's" will be flying around like pancakes at Denny's on a Sunday morning....but keep your head up and stick with it....Don't let them victimize you further by letting this go......

6. Mar 10, 2010 at 4:57 PM
    2003RC51

2003RC51 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    Toytec Basic 3" - Leather Interior - Spidertrax F+R

Thank You Everyone for the support on this. This is definitely one of the few ways for an individual to fight back against crap like this. And even if David Kelley "doesn't give a shit if I post this" it still makes me feel better exposing it.

As said before I am sure I asked for it trusting them and taking the truck back but did I deserve this... Hell NO.

The only person listed on the staff page is the service director(Vince Carnovale).

As for the ownership I was told by the General Manager(David Kelley) that him and (Bill Adkins) are partners. If this is true I really don't know. As for everyone's email address, they are all pretty much the same. First letter of their first name + Their last name @ vtaig.com

Owner Bill Adkins - badkins@vtaig.com
    GM David Kelley - dkelley@vtaig.com

The Body shop manager is Mike Collins(sp) so I assume the same type email if the last name spelling is correct: mcollins@vtaig.com

Bill Adkins owns a couple dealerships which are Toyota of Dallas, Trophy Nissan and Nissan cars of McKinney.

I guess there are definitely more unsatisfied people around. This is the first link when typing in Bill Adkins on google:

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=25465

7. Mar 10, 2010 at 4:59 PM
    propulsion

propulsion New Member

Member:
    Amazing, first they wreck your truck, then without notifying you they try to fix it. If they were able to get it in the body shop before you picked the truck up, I wonder if they would have said anything about repairing it?

You did them a favor by giving them the opportunity to repair it. They could have just made sure it was done properly and saved themselves some money. Now, I think it has cost them quite a lot of money in lost revenue. You had every right to be picky about the repair. Sounds like the body shop has some quality issues and I certainly would not recommend them to anyone.

8. Mar 10, 2010 at 4:59 PM
    Waking the Dead

Waking the Dead Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DC LB Gray
    Wow. I didn't think it would turn out like this. After all of the attention this issue has gotten I thought that the TOD body shop would have bent over backward to fix your truck perfectly. Especially since they had to have known that so many people were watching the whole story as it progressed. This just goes to show that TOD doesn't care about it's customers nor does it care about its reputation. Or they are just ignorant to the power of a forum like this.

If there is going to be a picket protest outside of TOD let me know when and I'll fly down to participate if I can. Anybody else want to join in? Just think how it would affect their reputation if hundreds of us showed up with pickets.

9. Mar 10, 2010 at 5:06 PM
    NWtacoma

NWtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    265/70/17 bfg AT
  10. Mar 10, 2010 at 5:06 PM
    kulitxplod

Member:
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner
    Ahhhh shit here we go again.

11. Mar 10, 2010 at 5:07 PM
    2003RC51

2003RC51 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    Toytec Basic 3" - Leather Interior - Spidertrax F+R
    As for the route I am going to take... I can't really afford a lawyer, wife is in school full time for Nursing and we have an 18 month old so nearly every dime I have goes to bills. I am most likely going to contact the News and also contact my insurance and see about getting it repaired correctly. Then my insurance can go after them.

12. Mar 10, 2010 at 5:19 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    damn, this story is painful. doesnt matter what the customer said or didnt say...a professional dealership needs to take the high road, and not cuss, or call anyone names.

hope this works out.

13. Mar 10, 2010 at 5:21 PM
    kulitxplod

Member:
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner
    I didn't want to give you this option, but it has been thrown out there. Do you have full coverage insurance? If yes, file a claim on your insurance company after speaking with your agent. The insurance, if they are worth a dime, will have your vehicle fixed, then they will bring a suit or demand letter to the dealership to recover their loses.

The bad in this is that your insurance company could potential drop you, if they do, they are turds. Over a year ago, I had a situation similar to this. I had my insurance company process the repairs, had myself and my attorney filing the lawsuit against the responsible party. When settlement or judgement is reached, the insurance company will carve out their share, the lawyer his share, and you a corrected vehicle.

At this point, damages have far exceeded just property damage. You have now incurred damages in affect do to the situation and the events that transpired after the fact. There are plenty of things you can do yourself without a lawyer, but other things may require a lawyer to get the maximum effectiveness.

14. Mar 10, 2010 at 5:29 PM
    Silver_Taco

Silver_Taco Senior Member

Member:
    Frederick, MD

Psycho for expecting that your dealer not fuck up a 30k truck? If that can't even get you fired up, can I take your girlfriend camping? :cool:

15. Mar 10, 2010 at 5:31 PM
    Mr_Torque

Mr_Torque Buy the Ticket take the Ride.....

Member:
    Perkasie,PA
    Vehicle:
    '07 Tacoma SR5 4WD V-6 6 Spd
    MBRP Exhaust, 17" FJ Steelies w/Firestone AT's, Truxedo Lopro ,Timbren SES, Pioneer FH-X720BT HU & TS-C720PRS Component Speakers, TRD Quickshifter, Bilstein 6112/5160, Light Racing UCA, and Icon Progressive add a leaf.
    Sorry for all your trouble. You'd think that a dealers body shop would be able to perform a competent repair. They tried to give it back with that cab corner burnt through? That is plain wrong. Hope you get your truck back to it's prior condition.

16. Mar 10, 2010 at 5:33 PM
    NWtacoma

NWtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    265/70/17 bfg AT
    they did make multiple attempts to fix it. sounds like he's just being a bitch customer complaining about the slightest imperfections and wants the damn thing to look like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

17. Mar 10, 2010 at 5:36 PM
    flatlander

flatlander Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 DC-LB 2WD Prerunner V6 Auto
    Yes.

18. Mar 10, 2010 at 5:37 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Yes it should. I'm sure all of us would be pissed if a dealer did something to our truck and decided to be dicks about repairing the damage that they caused. :thumbsup:

19. Mar 10, 2010 at 5:38 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    yeah, but the outcome its definitely not good, look at the pictures... when they promise to fix it and leave it as it was before, they better do it...

20. Mar 10, 2010 at 5:38 PM
    Silver_Taco

Silver_Taco Senior Member

Member:
    Frederick, MD

oh, so he should just eat it.... makes sense. Drop truck off, perfect - pick truk up, fucked..... just smile and head home.

I'm sure you'd do the same if someone jacked your truck. I couldn't trust myself not to get physically violent in the same situation. But then, I, not unlike the OP, value my shit -------- cause I worked for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top