1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TOYOTA of DALLAS ----- UPDATE ----- VERY VERY LONG

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 2003RC51, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 10, 2010 at 8:05 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Wow.

I'm amazed at the experience you have had.

I'm a huge supporter of TRDParts4u.com which is a component of Toyota of Dallas. Jacque has been very good to deal with and I'm pretty sure I would do business with him in the future.

2. Mar 10, 2010 at 8:16 PM
    Hunter423

Hunter423 Hunter423

Member:
    First Name:
    hunter
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma TRD off road
    brush guard, piaa foggs, tinted tail light, tinted windows, rain guards, pure white with blue tinted bulbd all over, white bulbs for licencess plate lighting, blacked out head lights
    damn that sucks well good luck and give those bastards hell

3. Mar 10, 2010 at 8:31 PM
    2003RC51

2003RC51 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    Toytec Basic 3" - Leather Interior - Spidertrax F+R
    I agree, Those guys are good people. Just wish it was a separate company so I could funnel my money their way. Unfortunately I don't want the uppers getting any more of my money.

4. Mar 10, 2010 at 8:48 PM
    BUZZ5

BUZZ5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S.Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC TRD Sport
    Many
    They may be good people, but your money is still going to those idiots. I have never bought anything from them & won't after reading about this. You want to see customer service done right, call here & talk to Aaron for all your Taco needs. He knows the importance of customer satisfaction.
    http://www.trademotion.com/splash/index.cfm?siteid=214645

5. Mar 10, 2010 at 9:44 PM
    Pyrite FD

Pyrite FD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD Off Road
    no offense but you need to quit screwing around making threads, and go file a police report before you run out of time to do so.

6. Mar 10, 2010 at 10:28 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Tactical Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    Once again, I'm thankful that you shared this info. I am moving to Dallas in Aug and looking to buy an FJ or 4Runner for my girlfriend and we know now to just avoid that dealership. Prob just gonna drive all the way back to Houston and buy at Mike Calvert again.

7. Mar 11, 2010 at 1:11 AM
    SilverStreak05

SilverStreak05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    DR coilovers, DR rear reservoir shocks, Deaver custom 11 pack leaf springs
    Maybe something to consider for the future, but if you have a problem with a dealership, a business, whatever, get the shit resolved first and then post about it later. Like someone else pointed out, calling the manager a cocky motherfucker before any work was done on the truck probably didn't help your situation out much. I kinda liken it to talking shit to a waiter in a restaurant before you've eaten. There's no telling what goes on with your food out of sight back in the kitchen. Anyway, best of luck with getting things resolved.

8. Mar 11, 2010 at 2:22 AM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    I think you're entirely justified in your anger and all the comments you've made.

Best of luck!

9. Mar 11, 2010 at 3:10 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    I'm suprised the dealer didn't use the "Runaway Toyota" defense when you first heard about the damage!

You: Hey, when can I pick my truck up?
    Them: Uh.... it's coming back from the body shop in a couple hours.
    You: WTF?!?!
    Them: It hit a pole in our garage... um, yeah, uh, um, the gas pedal got stuck. Yeah, that's it! And then we couldn't shift it out of drive. or turn the ignition off. We called 911 while driving it but they couldn't help. And then this pole that was there got in the way. But, you know, don't worry about it. There'll be a recall/TSB/Toyota authorized fix in, um, a little bit. Sorry dude.
    You: Huh?

10. Mar 11, 2010 at 4:57 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    ^^^ Ha!

11. Mar 11, 2010 at 5:25 AM
    cvillechopper

cvillechopper Jackass to the masses

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD Off-Rd 4x4, Roof Rack, Tube Steps
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    Bump to keep this on the front page. Lawyer and/or media is my vote again. They are total douche bags and should be hung out to dry where others in the area can see it.

12. Mar 11, 2010 at 5:35 AM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    To the OP.

I received a long email reply from Mr. Kelly. Would you like me to post it here or would you like me to forward it to you?

Cheers.

13. Mar 11, 2010 at 6:06 AM
    dman597

dman597 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    maryland
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC 4X4 SPORT w/Tow
    6" Pro Comp Lift,295-75-R17,access rollup,Tint,front hitch,nfab step bars
    After reading your update there are a couple of things you can do. One contact Toyota about the whole situation and about the manger using the f bomb etc. He will get all kinds of crap from Toyota about that. Two I will say this again GET A LAWYER. Once the manger/owner gets wind of this they should be at your feet. Three I am sure the any form of media would love to have a story right now about poor customer service by a Toyota dealer.

14. Mar 11, 2010 at 6:16 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Brunes nailed it on the head. I'm sure there are two sides to the story and unfortunately we only have one to base our decision on whether to boycott a business. This is an unfortunate situation that I hope will be resolved in the near future. This also seems to be a learning lesson to many if not all of us.

I would also suggest if trdparts4u has provided great service to you in the past I personally wouldn't stop using them. For me it comes down to great service and great price. If I'm provided those two things I'm a happy camper.

Also, in situations like this it is key to document, document, document. Also, research all options thoroughly before proceeding to the next step.

And also to comment on the repair-yes it does look like someone got a little aggressive with the sanding and went through the clear and the paint and straight to the primer on the edge of the bed. No clay bar is going to correct that. I can't comment on the fender flare due to the specific shot of the flare, but as stated before if dust particles were in the paint then it would need to be re-painted.

15. Mar 11, 2010 at 6:17 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit

Post that shit up bro- Or you are gunna have to PM it to A LOT of folks (like ME ME ME ME ME)

16. Mar 11, 2010 at 6:46 AM
    zanodave

zanodave Well-Known Member

Member:
    so il
    Vehicle:
    07speedwayblue
    x2

17. Mar 11, 2010 at 6:54 AM
    BlueYota

BlueYota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Arron
    South Texas, WAY south!!!
    Vehicle:
    Blue 06 4x4 TRD
    3" lift
    i say post the email.

18. Mar 11, 2010 at 6:56 AM
    dbarn

dbarn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4X4 V6
    Back in September when the cash for clunkers drained the Tacomas, I was looking for a 2009 AC 4X4. I called TOD and fortunately they did not have what I wanted. I live about 2 hrs from them in East Texas. My local dealership was able to order a 2010. I can assure you TOD will not be an option in the future. Word of mouth is very strong in ET and any business that management treated their customers in this manner would be boycotted and their reputation permanently damaged. Good luck TOD overcoming this one. You guys suck big time.

19. Mar 11, 2010 at 7:56 AM
    2003RC51

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    Thanks Again Everyone. I pm'd "Taco-NB" asking for him to email it to me and told him he can post it to.

I knew from the start they were not going to be able to repair it correctly and I informed each of them this before I left the truck in their possession. They seemed to think they could and 3 times later when there are still issues they get upset and say that I am being to picky and that the work is just as good if not better than factory. PLEASE...

Even if I did call him a cocky motherf****er... Did I say anything that wasn't true? NO. I probably should have limited it to cocky but the time has past and now the second term fits the situation even better.

I welcome anyone in Dallas to come by and check out the truck, I will show them at least 4 spots where there were contaminants painted over. Not to mention a mask line just on the outside of the fender flare seal line.

20. Mar 11, 2010 at 8:17 AM
    2003RC51

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    Here is the mask line I was talking about in the previous email. What I can guarantee you happened is when I originally pointed out the burn through spot they painted the bedside without removing the fender flare so they masked around the seal. Then when I tell them the flare is too glossy on the second trip the replace the fender flare and the new flare doesn't quite sit where the original flare did so now you can see the mask line. A hack job at best.

Some people might say that I am being to picky but I can tell you this. If I were to leave it like this every time I wash the truck and see this or I am working on the truck and see this it is gonna piss me off. Personally I don't want anything that is gonna remind of this pooch screw of a situation.

MaskLine1_f8f87df87606d3322364ce29bacf1e4129592f9b.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top