1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Of Dallas Wrecked my Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 2003RC51, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 3, 2010 at 6:17 PM
    gfiber

gfiber Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black TRD Sport Access Cab
    TRD sport pkg, Towing Pkg, Ham radio installation, bed lights, front 32 inch LED Bar behind the grill.
    People think there are laws against this and that. But you should pay an attorney to see what your rights actually are. You may have the right to take it to another shop for the repair and bill the dealer who caused the damage. Dealers used to carry insurance against damage done while at their place of business. It might be when you turned in your vehicle for service and likely signed a work order you also signed a release from harm for the dealer. As other have advised See an Attorney. It will likely cost you a hundred dollars for an hours time but you will know where you stand.

Or paint the truck lemon yellow, place some signage onto it and park near the dealership on a public right of way.

2. Mar 3, 2010 at 6:17 PM
    copernicus

copernicus Well-Known Member

Member:
    If the dealer doesn't want to play ball, call Toyota themselves and let them know about the happenings of one of their dealers.

3. Mar 3, 2010 at 6:17 PM
    Taco505

Taco505 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4x4 5 speed
    OME 884's/90021, MD Dakar/Nitrocharger.
    man i know exactlly how you feel, i took my taco in for my "free" oil change it took about an hour and half i walked into the service bay and i saw my truck so it was all good untill i did my normal after service inspection.

they put a pretty good scratch on my hood and scratched the shit outta one of my rims i was PISSED.

but they are fixxing everything now. i love toyota but god i effin hate the service!!!

4. Mar 3, 2010 at 6:20 PM
    cudason

cudason Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    TURD
    Eagle Alloy 050 series wheels. TRD fj shift knob Bilstein 5100 set @1.75 TRD CAI TRD seatcovers 2009 Taillights Xenon HID kit
    get a lawyer, and sue the fuckers. thats bull shit.

5. Mar 3, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    CLanholm

CLanholm Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    13 DC Short Bed TRD Sport 4x4 Magnetic Gray
    Leer 100XQ Cap with RGB interior strip lighting, WeatherTech floor mats, Bedrug bed liner, Mirror heater mod, Interior lights changed to LEDs from Jumpers LEDs, Center Console organizer from salex, added USB port and 12 volt power port to back seat area, Replaced Front tow hook with hook from TRD Offroad.
    Accidents do happen but you should be able to have it fixed the way that you want.
    I had a problem with a dealer. They wouldn't budge. I went to a lawyer. The laywer sent one letter to the dealer stating that I had obtained the lawyer's services to take care of the matter. I never needed any more than that one letter. The dealer took care of me. It did cost me 1 hour in lawyers fees.

6. Mar 3, 2010 at 6:30 PM
    Edrin55

Edrin55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Chula Vista, CA (Eastlake)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Magnetic Gray TRD Sport Access Cab
    Avid Off Road Light Bar Line-X'd, Black Sand Pearl Hood Scoope, Truck Covers USA metal roll up bed cover, Thule Custom lockable light bar, TRD Sport Exhaust, Line-X'd TRD skid plate, Slee Off Road Sliders, Upgraded 3.5" Rearview Mirror/Monitor, Anytime Foglight Mod. (TY Jeff), Smoked Foglights, SilverStar Headlight & Foglight Bulbs, Tinted windows all around, Vent visors, Bed mat with security mod, Wet Okoles front & back, Race/Sport Pedals, Tailgate Clamps, PopNLcok 5300 Tailgate Lock, All weather mats, Helo 17x8 Hubcentric Rims & BFG All Terrain 265/70/17, Blisteins 5100's all around with mini leaf add to the rears, AFE Pro Dry drop in filter, Go Rhino Hitch Step, TRD License Plate Frames and Tire Valve Covers. GrillCraft MX Mesh upper and lower grills with "old school TOYOTA" FJ emblem, Cobra CB Radio, Firestick CB Antenna with custom mount.
    Call the service manager and tell him that you are gonna call you local news station and that they are going to do segment on your situation. With all the bad publicity that Toyota has in the news now, Im sure he will quickly change his mind once it points out his dealership.

7. Mar 3, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    Tripletpkc

Tripletpkc Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Red DBL Cab Prerunner
    Take the General Manager(Steve Kelly) to small claims court. Not the dealership but the GM personnaly. He represent the dealership and you have every right to sue him or anyone that works for the dealership. Better yet find out which dirt bag dented your truck and file a suit (small claims) against him as well. Once he/they get the notice they will be singing a different tune. Trust me this will work

8. Mar 3, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    MEANGREENTACOMA09

MEANGREENTACOMA09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica 09 DBL CAB 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD
    TRD cat back exhaust, rain visors, limo tent on back pasenger windows and 35 percent added to back factory tint window. 35 on front driver and pasenger side. Sport pedals, all weather fl mats, roof rack, front skid plate , BFG ALL TERAINS including spare. ALL installed by dealer.

I hate to hear this kind of stuff. I would make sure you let that manager know that you will share this BS with everyone you know. This is the kind of stuff that if Toyota doesn't get a hold of and corrrect, they are going to loose loyal customers. My family has bought nothing but over the years. I would tell that MF right there that I will never buy another vehicle from them and neither would my family. We have bought comined probably 15 cars from Toyota between mine and my wifes family in the last like 6 years. This is very disturbing to hear. Fight it dude:infantry:. They need to know that their reputation is on the line.

9. Mar 3, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    That's what I was wondering for the past 5 pages. It sounded like they were going to just sweep it under the rug and hope he didn't notice.

I think it's ludicrous that they want you to claim it on YOUR insurance. That's like saying if you "accidentally" ran over a Prius on your way out of the dealer lot they should claim it on THEIR insurance.

And it would be awfully funny if you took a shit in one of the cars. As immature as that is it would be the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

10. Mar 3, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    MEANGREENTACOMA09

MEANGREENTACOMA09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica 09 DBL CAB 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD
    TRD cat back exhaust, rain visors, limo tent on back pasenger windows and 35 percent added to back factory tint window. 35 on front driver and pasenger side. Sport pedals, all weather fl mats, roof rack, front skid plate , BFG ALL TERAINS including spare. ALL installed by dealer.

Here is another good idea. They would love to give them more bad publicity. Tell him and do it!

11. Mar 3, 2010 at 6:46 PM
    kulitxplod

kulitxplod Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner
    Agreements, work orders, whatever they choose to call it, which indemnify the dealership aren't worth the paper they are printed on in court. Negligence is not a defendable position with regards to property damage. Property damage as a result of negligence is just that, negligence.

12. Mar 3, 2010 at 6:50 PM
    1TUFFTRD

1TUFFTRD WTF

Member:
    out and about building powerlines
    Vehicle:
    06 AC with a skewp
    06 With a Skewp.
    wtf is wrong with toyota... i love my truck but it seems like the customer service is in the f-ing toilet!??

13. Mar 3, 2010 at 7:14 PM
    cudason

Member:
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    TURD
    Eagle Alloy 050 series wheels. TRD fj shift knob Bilstein 5100 set @1.75 TRD CAI TRD seatcovers 2009 Taillights Xenon HID kit
    toyota customer service is on par withh vw. in other words, shit! my old man is a judge, both my bros are lawyers. sue the bastards. these guys are criminals

14. Mar 3, 2010 at 7:15 PM
    Brianone20

Brianone20 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    brian
    CA
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    Brush Gaurd PIAA's
    Damn man, sorry about this accident. I can not believe they didn't call you right away and comfort you with reassurance that they'll fix it with new parts no questions asked. Sounds like they're arrogant mofo's, you should for sure take them to claims court or get a lawyer. GOOD LUCK and Fu*K that dealership!

15. Mar 3, 2010 at 7:19 PM
    kulitxplod

Member:
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner
    Dude, don't even get me started about my VW issues........This isn't the place to discuss those.

btw.....SUBSCRIBED!!!!!!

16. Mar 3, 2010 at 7:24 PM
    cudason

Member:
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    TURD
    i owned 2. never again in my life will i buy volkswagen. what a nightmare

17. Mar 3, 2010 at 7:28 PM
    2003RC51

2003RC51 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    Toytec Basic 3" - Leather Interior - Spidertrax F+R
    Damn, Thank You everyone for the advice. I really wish I would have posted this before I took the truck back to them. I will be looking for an attorney an contacting him in the next couple days.

I talked to the Service Director (Vince Carnovale) and he told me I am basically SOL, I talked to the General manager (David Kelly) and he pretty much told me the same and he gave me the phone number to Toyota North America and told me that I can file a complaint but they will just send it back to his desk.

I felt like I was being forced into having them repair it since I didn't see any other options. I didn't want to claim it on my insurance because my driving record just cleared of everything two months ago and I didn't want to risk having that on it and my rates go back up.

I used the number and called Toyota North America and after sitting on hold for at least 20-30min(in the dealership) the customer service guy said and I quote "you can file a formal complaint but we are just going to forward your complaint back to the dealership". He said they have nothing to do with the dealerships and they can only take the complaint and forward it back to the dealership... How jacked up is that?

18. Mar 3, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    kulitxplod

Member:
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner
    While "jacked up" it may be, I can also understand the position of Toyota. Bottom line, they were not in cause or effect the reason for the damage. The dealership's negligence is the fact of the matter. On the other hand, Toyota should at least lend some credence to customer complaints concerning dealership practices. I know they do in some regards, but I'm not entirely convinced that it means all that much.

19. Mar 3, 2010 at 7:40 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Does he have pictures? If not, the work is done and there is no longer evidence.

20. Mar 3, 2010 at 7:41 PM
    cudason

Member:
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    TURD
    Jesus H christ.If anything Toyota should paying using their own insurance. i would of laughed in their face and told them to expect a call from a lawyer. And yeah, hit up your local media, where theres always a bored reporter that would love to roast toyota in these dark days. Take no shit from these clowns. Most dealers are total pricks as soon as you buy their vehicles and drive them off the lot. They'll usually try to make a problem seem alot less than it really is. The reality is you work hard for your money, and payed alot for an overpriced truck. Fight the fight big boy. take it to em'!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top