1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Quality

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by LS TOY, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Oct 5, 2010 at 4:04 PM
    808hiker

808hiker Taco addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Big Island, Hawaii
    I have had several problems with mine: surface rust on the undercarriage when it was BRAND NEW...(dealer apparently touched up places that were easily seen and left the areas that couldn't be seen easily in order to sell), radio display light went out (not really a big deal), rear suspension bottomed out (dealer gave me a hard time about it and gonna have to "prove it"), roof had pretty bad water damage (when was NEW), slightly bent the weak tailgate, and the wimpy paint on the frame.

BUT, with that said, I know that most cars do have problems. Even though this Taco wasn't as well built as say, my 98 4Runner, I still think that Toyota makes a somewhat better vehicle than most other companies nowadays.

2. Oct 5, 2010 at 4:34 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    80,000 miles and no probs to speak of................engine light went on @ 60 some odd thousand miles but was a simple fix............just a sensor....very happy with the truck!

Products Discussed in

To Top