1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota recall about the floormats

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lowzone, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Mar 11, 2010 at 9:33 PM
    lowzone

lowzone [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Earth aka NJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM AC 2.7L 5 spd SR5
    future plan of 2" drop and any type of rim thats not a steelie. grille and BHLM mods, maybe....
    the tacos are involved with the floormats as we know, but thats it on the 2wds. 4wd had the front shaft issue but that was sooooooooo limited....anyway, i went to the website to see if any new ones came up on the tacos....i saw this:
    • <LI _counted="undefined">Owners of vehicles covered by the floor mat recall should take out any removable driver's floor mat and not replace it with any other floor mat until they receive the vehicle-based remedy.
    • After you receive a notification from Toyota that the recall remedy for your vehicle is available, you should take your vehicle to an authorized Toyota dealer. Dealer personnel have been specially trained to implement the following vehicle-based remedy:
    The shape of the accelerator pedal will be reconfigured to address the risk of floor mat entrapment. For the Camry and Avalon models involved, the shape of the floor surface underneath will also be reconfigured to increase the space between the accelerator pedal and the floor.
    Recall Home

so basically they are giving some C tech a BIG FUCKING HAMMER to widen the gap :eek:

reconfigured = SMASH FLOOR

i just thought it was funny howit was worded. Loving my Taco each day...550 miles on her and no rust or unwanted acceloration

2. Mar 11, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    NWtacoma

NWtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    265/70/17 bfg AT
    breaking news.

3. Mar 11, 2010 at 9:42 PM
    snorola

snorola Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Canmore Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Dbl Cab
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers Eibach 14" 650lb springs Camburg UCA's All pro expo springs OME rear shocks All pro front bumper All pro IFS skid All pro sliders SCS f5 matt black rims Lightforce blitz 240's
    I took my tacoma in for service last week. They removed my aftermarket floor mat on the drivers side and put it in the bed of the truck, it was noted on my paperwork along with a print out about not using aftermarket floor mats.

4. Mar 11, 2010 at 9:44 PM
    lowzone

lowzone [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Earth aka NJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM AC 2.7L 5 spd SR5
    future plan of 2" drop and any type of rim thats not a steelie. grille and BHLM mods, maybe....

i know the floormat recall is long ago but the reason for the post was about HOW they were going to fix it....HULK SMASH!!! ok sir, your camrys fixed....

5. Mar 12, 2010 at 1:00 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud There's a mod for that!

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Subaru WRX
    Bilsteins 5100's (Front & Rear), GrillCraft, Line-X'ed Skid Plate & Bumper Valence, Blacked out hood scoop, Avid Light Bar and much more.
    So here is my two cents...
    I got the recall notice and when I was at Kearny Mesa Toyota this past Wednesday, the service advisor said that my truck was no longer involved in that recall. He told me that Toyota recalled the recall on certain tacomas stating that it was found that not all vehicles involved in the initial recall are actually still part of it. If that's the case, I should have received something in writing, but I didn't.
    Anyone else have the same experience?

6. Mar 12, 2010 at 1:58 AM
    matt86

matt86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    I was pissed when I got my 2010 Tacoma and they wouldn't give me the All Season floormats. I had them in my 2007 Tacoma with no problems and then again in my 2008 FJ Cruiser.

So I went and bought them off a member here :)

To Top