1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

toyota replacing fan motor for free!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tundrataco, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Mar 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM
    tundrataco

tundrataco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    eastern townships, quebec
    front bilsteins 2.5" lift, rear aal 2.5" lift, flowmaster 40 series muffler, kenwood headunit, ultraguage, allpro bolton sliders
    hey guys, i bought my 07 dclb used at a dealer last month, i happened to mention the other day a slight clicking coming from the fan/ heater. right away they said bring it in they will replace the motor free of charge, they said theyve been replacing a lot on the newer tacos, anyone had this done!? she never mentioned a recall..

2. Mar 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    Yes had mine done 2 weeks ago. Not a recall.....TSB

3. Mar 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    bubba353z

bubba353z Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Columbus, Oh
    Vehicle:
    Former owner of a 12 TRD Sport AC 4x4
    Had it done on my 2010 - no muss, no fuss.

4. Mar 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    yep they did my 06 no problems.

Except the fact the guy did not hear the terrible noise. He must have really shitty hearing?

5. Mar 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    DIVER_5

DIVER_5 DIVER_5

Member:
    First Name:
    LAWRENCE
    VALDEZ ALASKA
    Vehicle:
    SILVER WITH A TON OF MONEY IN AND ON IT.
    6" PRO COMP LIFT, PRO COMP SKID PLATE, FABTECH PRERUNNER BAR, 9" PROCOMP LIGHTS, 6000K hid HEADLAMPS WITH BLACK LENS'S, 19" ROCKSTAR WHEELS, 33" GOODYEAR MTR TIRES, DOLBY DIGITAL SURROUND SOUND PIONEER SYSTEM WITH DVD, NAV, BLUE TOOTH & BACK UP CAMERA, 10" CUSTOM SUB BOX BEHIND REAR SEAT, ROCK SLIDER BARS WELDED ON, WITH LINE-X TO MATCH THE LINE-X PRERUNNER BAR
    So all you guys replaced your heaters huh?
    Did any if you do it yourself? What did you pay for the heaters?
    I think my actual heater is fine. I think it's my fan.
    Bought my truck new. No issues until now.
    Sometimes fan works, sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Lawrence

6. Mar 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    The fan not the heater. No money involved.

7. Mar 3, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    rockbug63

rockbug63 Active Member

Member:
    central coast CA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Dbl cab 4x4 SR5 tow pkg.
    Rear leaf and steering column chatter tsb blower mtr replaced(waste of time) 2nd blw. mtr.; new headlights from DRL melt issue new water pump9 leaking0around block) pwr steering rack leaks, right frt. wheel bearing bad.
    Radio replaced ...twice, fan motor replaced ...twice Stealership does not purge the New Old Stock parts in inventory. By now most of the old motors should be gone. So far the Daytime Running/" burning" lights have not started to melt after replacement but I fully expect them to after about 2 years so I will have to pay for that set myself. Total replacement...twice! Buying another Taco... NOT TWICE.

8. Mar 5, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    Tacozilla

Tacozilla Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB TRD 4X4 MGM
    Hey guys let me ask you. I just pick up a 2013 on sunday. I noticed that when I turn off the truck after driving it. I can hear a noise which I think is the blower fan slowing down and stoping. Is this what all of you are talking about. It sounds like its rubbing against something just before it stops.

And one other thing (sorry to the OP for hijacking) I have been reading on here. Is it normal to have a sometype of vibration on these taco's. I can feel it in the gas pedal when I excelerate like getting onto the freeway with a sound as if they forgot to put in some type of insulation between the passenger compartment driver side transmission area. When I am driving normal speed in 4th/OD its smooth. No vibrations. Just trying to see if these are the characteristics of these trucks. If I put my hold the streeting wheel at 9 and 3 positions no vibrations smooth. If I hold it at 12 slight vibration. Trying not to read into these things. I have owned F150/F250/tundras, all were smooth as glass. Just checking.

Just checking I have a toyota Yaris which does not have these types of sounds and vibrations. I know that I should not compare these two but i thought that maybe there is something wrong with the taco.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  9. Mar 5, 2013 at 8:17 AM
    LBPtaco

LBPtaco Swab

Member:
    First Name:
    Winter
    California Maritime Academy
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD
    Total Chaos, SAW, Allied, Light Racing, Dakar, Billstein, Fox, URD, JBA, Demillo, Downey, Cooper, American Racing, B.A.M.F., Alpine, Ghetto Fab...
    this is great news, mine bugs the shit out of me!

10. Mar 5, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    JUJtacoma2010

JUJtacoma2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fresno
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2010 Dbl Cab. OFF Road Package
    Can any one guide me to this TSB please. I think I might have the same problem.

11. Mar 5, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    fizzlebag

fizzlebag Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2020 4x4 MGM Tundra Limited
    TRD Cat Back Exhaust

The fan noise you hear probably has something to do with the emissions system under the hood. They put some sort of blower on the 12-13 that makes that kind of noise.

Vibes are common with Tacomas (tons of threads on this forum). I own a 13 as well and get minor vibes on acceleration.

12. Mar 5, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    Tacozilla

Tacozilla Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB TRD 4X4 MGM

Thanks for the responce. And to tell you the truth its nice to hear that some of the things are suppose to be that way. I started going nuts thinking I made a bad choice in going with tacoma .

And to add that makes sense because it happens when i have the fan off as well.

13. Mar 5, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    fizzlebag

fizzlebag Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2020 4x4 MGM Tundra Limited
    TRD Cat Back Exhaust
    No problem :)

14. Mar 5, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    I believe the replacement headlamps are updated (glass insert). No melting unless they gave you another of the plastic ones.

I heard my blower motor tick at speed 1 but after turning it up higher, no more ticking. Next oil change I will have let the dealer check it.

Products Discussed in

To Top