1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

toyota stealership

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by THXEY, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Jul 16, 2009 at 3:00 PM
    THXEY

THXEY [OP] Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    so on june 12 i bought some bfg all terrains at discount tire which were installed there.... so i noticed that my tire pressure gauge was on so i called them and they told me it takes a little while for the sensor to re-adjust itself.. so i said cool. Two weeks later i called them and said its still not going off and the guy said its probably your spare tire.. so a week later i filled her up to 35psi.... light still didnt go off and i didnt call discount tire after that.... so today i took my truck to toyota to get a few things fixed and i told them that my tire pressure light isnt going off, so they said they would take a look at it. so they just called me saying that discount tire broke my pressure gauge and the put a new one on for me for $260 (WHICH I DID NOT AUTHORIZE FOR THEM TO DO) which is not covered in the warranty so they said call discount tire to try to get that 260 reimbursed so i called them up telling them the whole story and they said that price is BS they could get it for $40... i said ok so i called toyota and i said put the old gauge on my my tire and ill just have disount tire fix it... he said thats a problem cuz they already put a new one on (WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION) and he said im gonna have to pay it... then he said let me call my boss really quick and ill call you back...

thats where its at right now... im not gonna pay for $260 for a new pressure gauge when i did not authorize for them to put it on my truck.... when i can get one for $40 at discount tire.... actually for free cuz of warranty...

sorry just venting..

2. Jul 16, 2009 at 3:06 PM
    drew02a

drew02a Rocking your mom's world Since 1997

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 Regular Cab 2.7L 4x4
    That is bull. Never pay for work you didn't authorize. Make sure to ask them WHY they replaced it without asking you first.

3. Jul 16, 2009 at 3:09 PM
    THXEY

THXEY [OP] Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    he just called me and said ok were gonna keep the new pressure gauge on your truck... and either we will make the waranty cover it or toyota will pay for it... so everything is good now :) theyre gonna pay for it

4. Jul 16, 2009 at 3:10 PM
    drew02a

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Good man. They'll try to screw ya anyway they can get it.

5. Jul 16, 2009 at 3:16 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    I'd say your REAL f*k up was Discount Tire. They lied to you from the get go. They probably knew they broke one of the transmitters and hid it from you. I'll bet they break them all the time and they know it.

6. Jul 16, 2009 at 3:51 PM
    drew02a

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    They do know it. That's why they charge extra to do vehicles with TPMS.

7. Jul 16, 2009 at 3:54 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    I went to Discount Tire a few months ago to check a price on a certain Bridgestone Potenza for my 2007 Civic and the guy didn't know what tire I was talking about. He then gets on his computer and finds the tire, but says I wouldn't be able to get them, because they only have 3 in the whole country. I went over to Tires Plus and they had them in stock. Mounted and balanced perfectly, tire pressures and wheel nut torque right on specs.:)

8. Jul 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    there is a sign at my local dealer saying you will get a written estimate for all work over $100, unless it is a face to face meeting, glad they agreed to let you keep the new one.

9. Jul 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,
    That sucks man. Discount Tire is infamous for breaking tpms's. They broke one of mine last summer and first denied it was broken and then refused to pay for it for a while. Finally after numerous threats they ordered me a new one for free. It was a NIGHTMARE though.

10. Jul 16, 2009 at 4:38 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter

Glad to hear it was taken care of. I'm with you, I would not have paid any money for some ones mistake.

Products Discussed in

To Top