1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Tacoma LED Halo Projector Headlights lamps Pre Runner (LED conversion questions)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RRProductionsAZ, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Sep 16, 2020 at 6:38 PM
    RRProductionsAZ

RRProductionsAZ [OP] rrproductionsAZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Rene
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver Tacoma TRD
    LED Headlights, LED Fogs, LED Dome lights, LED map lights, Newer OEM Wheels, Upgraded Pioneer 7 inch receiver, Upgraded Rockford Fosgate speakers, 12' subwoofer
    Greetings,

this is my first post on TW.. Cool to be here

Just had a quick question.. I just purchased "Toyota Tacoma LED Halo Projector Headlights lamps Pre Runner" for my 2007 Tacoma.

They come stock with H1 halogen bulbs. Has anyone converted these headlights with LED's?
    I noticed they are H1 sockets, and the Tacoma is H4 standard. Would I require some kind of conversion cables? Has anyone had experience with this?

Thanks!

s-l1600.jpg

2. Sep 21, 2020 at 6:34 AM
    MrEcho

MrEcho Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    Hello, I recently bought a set of Spyder's headlights. (Aftermarket headlights are hit and miss). I love the look of the Spyder headlights but not the quality. My headlights came stock with H1 halogen bulbs, I have fit LEDs inside the Spyder headlights, they are a tight fit. I had to really "shove" them in, not for sure what the back of the headlights you bought look like but there is not much room on my Spyders to play with. The headlights that you bought if they are anything like mine you will not need a conversion kit. They should hook up to your standard H4 light plug that's on your Tacoma. The headlights then have their own connecter built into the unit itself to the h1 halogen bulbs (so plug-in and play). If you need any more help let me know. Best of luck.

RRProductionsAZ[OP] likes this.
  3. Sep 27, 2020 at 11:45 PM
    LAHSO

LAHSO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Vehicle:
    2014 Super White Tacoma Prerunner
    Im not too sure about the LEDs but look into also sealing them. Look it up. Ive heard people havimg issues with water/moisture getting into them since they aren't sealed right.

Products Discussed in

To Top