1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

toyota truck shell on 1st gen tacoma

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by newskooler, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Oct 10, 2011 at 4:23 PM
    newskooler

newskooler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Lake Shastina,ca
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma x-cab TRD SR5
    881/5100 front, 5100 rear, AAL, K&N intake, Diff breather, grey wire mod, tg Low pro and sliders, Custom tube bumper, pinch weld mod, and more... smoked taillights, fabtech tire carrier, sony headunit, 12v always power mod, #70 unhappy clutch spring mod,
    hey guys i know that this has been asked at least once before but unfortunately i can find the damn post.

so i just found a pretty good deal on a leer camper shell from a 1993 truck. measurements 75"Lx60"W and my truck measures damn close to that what do you guys think?:confused:

2. Oct 10, 2011 at 6:19 PM
    newskooler

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Lake Shastina,ca
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma x-cab TRD SR5
    881/5100 front, 5100 rear, AAL, K&N intake, Diff breather, grey wire mod, tg Low pro and sliders, Custom tube bumper, pinch weld mod, and more... smoked taillights, fabtech tire carrier, sony headunit, 12v always power mod, #70 unhappy clutch spring mod,
    thanks man i was trying to avoid the drive but the guys going to meet me halfway so well worth it.

3. Oct 11, 2011 at 9:31 AM
    newskooler

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Lake Shastina,ca
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma x-cab TRD SR5
    ya i got drenched on my last adventure so its definately time for a shell

4. Oct 11, 2011 at 2:21 PM
    Aquatic Tacoma

Aquatic Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clearwater, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2003 DC TRD v6, auto
    Stock - built correct from the start.
    Depends how picky you are. It's not going to be a "perfect" fit. 96-2004 are the same. I just saw a longbed topper on a shortbed chevy. It hung off the bed about 2 ft. Kept the dudes trailer hitch in the shade though :)

5. Oct 11, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    newskooler

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Lake Shastina,ca
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma x-cab TRD SR5
    haha ya its not that bad. i checked it out this morning and it fits the bed but theres a gap between the cap and cab but it does the job and seals tight so i bought it and sprayed it black with duplicolor bedliner paint, ill post up some pictures a little later when i get it back on the truck.

6. Oct 11, 2011 at 6:09 PM
    STLharry

STLharry Lube: It's the key to penetration.

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    Yeti Rescue Package with 240k miles
    '95-'97 camouflaged, ARB bull bar, RAT Products skid plate kit, sliders, Green Mountain Customs rear tube bumper and overland bed rack, King coilovers with Icon neoprene covers, defenestrated sway bar, OME Rear Suspension: CS046R leafs + AAL/5125 shocks/NWOR greasable hardware/U-bolt flip kit; S13WL Tundra calipers/pads/rotors, IPF H4 lenses and bulbs, IPF 968 DCG 100W lights, clapped out CB radio, Aussie-spec FJ60 inclinometer, ARB CKMA12 compressor, Superwinch S9000 with 12V Guy clock switch, 4' Hi-Lift, deckplate mod/grey wire mod/dif breather extensions, Duratrac tires, Sockmonkey bedside decals, boat cupholder, Dakine bike pad
    Perfect...I bought a hilux cap too for my Tacoma (fibreglass, color-matched, clean) for $50 and it fits really well. Glad you think so too.

To Top