1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Window To The World

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by PcBuilder14, Jul 21, 2011.

1. PcBuilder14

PcBuilder14 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma TRD/SR5 4x4
    Suspension: Front - Bilstein 5100's/Eibach coils Rear - All Pro Expo Leafs/Rear Icon Remote Reservoir Shocks Wheels & Tires: 33x12.50x15 KM2's/Summit Racing 85 Black 8 Series Wheels/15x8/3.75" Backspacing [U]Armor:[/U] - [URL="http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/relentless-fabrication/152694-just-released-re
  2. ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Arlington, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    That's a pretty fricken cool idea!

Although I bet the glass would turn out to be pretty expensive to replace, and get greasy really easily from kids and their mcdonalds hands.

I especially like the zoom function.

3. beckleyota

beckleyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    wv
    Vehicle:
    o7 taco
    vent visors,tint,kenwood headunit, trex eyelids,kenwood componants,5100's,1 aal,cabellas seatcovers,painted stereo suround
    the zoom could come in handy scopin out girls

4. OffroadToy

OffroadToy The dog did it...I swear!

Member:
    High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and l
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 VSC/TRAC/DAC/HAC
    snugtop supersport canopy, black westin bullbar/tube steps, piaa offroad lights, weathertech floor mats, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    I guess it's a cool idea to keep kids occupied in the back seat but I sure as hell wouldn't want it. All I see is another expensive/useless option to go wrong and fingerprints all over the dam window (can you tell I don't have kids?) :D

5. TacomaMan07

TacomaMan07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chandler
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Black Toolbox; Bed Mat; BFG ATs 265/75/16
    thats the most retarded thing ive ever seen. that serves no purpose what so ever. wow toyota, your truely improving the quality of our vehicles.......

6. Ez2typethis

Ez2typethis Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD sport 4x4 TRD S/C, TRD Cat back
    My 2010 4x4 TRD sport: Bilstein 5100's in the front set at 1.5" to level, TRD Supercharger, TRD Cat back, TRS retrofit, Satoshi grill, Redlinetuning hood struts, Socked
    i already hate the little fingerprints my kids leave all over my windows... that is just asking for more

7. KenLyns

KenLyns Lord of War

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off Road Full-Auto
    All-Pro Front Bumper, All-Pro UCAs, Icon ET Coilovers, Icon VS Rear Shocks, TSB Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, CBI Sliders, ViAir Compressor, Klearz LED 3rd Brake Light, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Handle, Husky Front Flaps, Deeza HD Sway Bar Links
    This is technically feasible today, basically an oversized iPad screen with no backlight. Make the outer pane out of Lexan and it will be reasonably sturdy. Keep the option under $2000 and there will be takers. (By comparison, a set of 9" PerfectMatch headrest LCDs run over $1500.)

Funny how it's Toyota Europe that came up with the idea. With the tightassed regulations in Europe, it will be interesting to see how many people can still afford to drive in Europe in 5-6 years.

8. OffroadToy

OffroadToy The dog did it...I swear!

Member:
    High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and l
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 VSC/TRAC/DAC/HAC
    snugtop supersport canopy, black westin bullbar/tube steps, piaa offroad lights, weathertech floor mats, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    Too bad they can't invest that kind of time and money into non corroding frame's...just sayin.

9. ouyin2000

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Arlington, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    Explain?

10. TacomaMan07

TacomaMan07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chandler
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Black Toolbox; Bed Mat; BFG ATs 265/75/16
    Whats the purpose of spending who knows how much $(millions probably) on a freakin window? The driver cant even use it. Thats such a waste of time and money and man hours on a useless accessory. I mean come on. Why not spend that time/money on something that would truley increase the safety or ride or something in a car then a window that can zoom in. If they can do that why not allow me to lower my tailgate at a touch of a button inside the cab, automatic not manual seats, heated mirrors, heated seats, parking sensors all around etc etc. I mean damn. Where does zooming/distance thing and all that other sh!t come in handy drivng down the road?

11. ouyin2000

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Arlington, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    You're an idiot. It's called advancing technology.

And why the hell would you want to use something like that as a driver? You should be driving.

You obviously don't have kids yet. When you do, you'll change your mind, and realise that something like this to keep them entertained in the back makes it easier on you...even with the greasy fingerprints.

12. CorrosiveTendency

CorrosiveTendency When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan S.
    Schuylkill Co, Pa
    Vehicle:
    05' DblCab SB Speedway Blue
    OME 886's, Locker Mod. Bilstein 5100's on 4 corners
    Some road trips I would give a testicle just to have a quiet/content kid. It is the ultimate distraction. The portable DVD player only goes so far. and cranking the music only makes it worse haha.

13. BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Herbie Hancock
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Mostly stock for now, I have added a cb radio, various cheap mods and I plan on adding aftermarket wheels and other items in the future.
    I agree/disagree with both of you, but there's certainly no need to call someone an idiot.

Carry on.

14. ckeeton

ckeeton Bazinga

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC Trd Sport Gray
    trd sport with avid off road light bar, avid rock sliders. OEM roof rack, 12' LED light bar, and Sock monkey decals.
    oh good sir you made my night. thank you :laugh:

15. Man of War

Man of War Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    What... it's a Tacoma
    "Winner... Dah"
    Theoretical, inspirational, not-practical, not in the near future.... technology.

16. blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    a lot of americans dont understand that cars developed for European/Asian countries are designed with the passengers in mind, where as cars designed for the American market are designed more for the driver in mind. Check out any GM car sold in China.

17. CorrosiveTendency

CorrosiveTendency When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan S.
    Schuylkill Co, Pa
    Vehicle:
    05' DblCab SB Speedway Blue
    OME 886's, Locker Mod. Bilstein 5100's on 4 corners
    I just hope my wife doesn't see this, she is all for another one....like now. She wonders why it always lands on her...hmmmmm hahahah

To Top