1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec 3" lift questions ....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 08BlackenedTaco, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Mar 23, 2012 at 9:53 AM
    08BlackenedTaco

08BlackenedTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Murdered....
    14" magnaflow maxflow muffler, intake mod, black headlight mod. VHT Nightshades tail lights, painted stock rims.
    ok so i want to lift my truck for my birthday in july, im looking now so i can be sure i looked long enough to know exactly what i want. i was looking at this. .

Now my questions are,

is this a complete kit? (all i will need)
    do i use the stock shocks with this?

and i own a 2wd, cant afford the spindles. so i was actually wanting to add like a 2" body lift to the toytec :crapstorm: LOL. I KNOW I KNOW "ITS NOT SAFE" "RIDES LIKE CRAP" blah blah blah. i wont be offroading, i just want to be as high as i can be while im as high as i normally am :rasta:.... dont care what your opinion is. just want to know if i can do it? add the 2" body lift to this toytec (without getting new uca's, or extra expensive shit) , and if so.... which one?

I just want to be looked up to :drool:

2. Mar 23, 2012 at 9:54 AM
    08BlackenedTaco

Member:
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Murdered....
    14" magnaflow maxflow muffler, intake mod, black headlight mod. VHT Nightshades tail lights, painted stock rims.
    OH! and what coils do i use? will the Heavy 866 without top plate spacers still give me 3"?

3. Mar 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
    Go with 885s and I would upgrade your shocks as well

4. Mar 23, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    dbronzo

dbronzo Protected by Armor Tech Offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4 w/ some Mods
    King Coilovers, LR UCA's, All Pro Sliders, ATO Full Skids, Pioneer AVH-P4300, 4.56 Gears, Front and Rear ARB Air Lockers, ATO Full Wrap High Clearance Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, ATO Hybrid Bumper, Smittybuilt XRC 8, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Rock Lights
    You are still going to need a longer shock from your stock ones. You probably don't want the heavy springs if you are going to keep you stock front bumper.

5. Mar 23, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    dbronzo

dbronzo Protected by Armor Tech Offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4 w/ some Mods
    King Coilovers, LR UCA's, All Pro Sliders, ATO Full Skids, Pioneer AVH-P4300, 4.56 Gears, Front and Rear ARB Air Lockers, ATO Full Wrap High Clearance Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, ATO Hybrid Bumper, Smittybuilt XRC 8, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Rock Lights
    Contact DSM about some Billie 5100s

6. Mar 23, 2012 at 10:28 AM
    08BlackenedTaco

Member:
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Murdered....
    with the 885's i would need the top plate spacers correct? and what shocks would you suggest? i know the blistein 1500's will probably be maxed out for this lift correct? if i use the top plate spacers will i be able to use a body lift still or no? sorry i know i have alot of questions but i like to know everything before i start something. and i have been doing research on lifts through the forum for a couple months now. (think about it everytime one of those POS full size trucks roll by.) lol, except for that nice ass tundra of course. those lifted 6" are BADASS! btw. :drool:

7. Mar 23, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    885's without top plate spacers netted me 2 1/2" up front on my DCLB 4x4 , you may get more on your Prerunner .

The coils do the lifting , the 5100's would be at 0 , so no , they won't be " maxed out "

8. Mar 23, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    08BlackenedTaco

Member:
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Murdered....
    does just adding the 5100's alone to 2.5 add that much lift? like if i replace just the shocks all around and set them to 2.5? then can i do like a 3" body lift on that?

9. Apr 4, 2012 at 7:37 AM
    tacoTANK

tacoTANK Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Iredell County
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5 3in. toytec lift
    3 in toytec lift, 17 in moto metal 951, Clarion 7in H.U, Custom fit floormats, Flowmaster 40 single outlet, 5% tint in back and 35% up front (keep pigs away)
    I have the toytec lift on my truck. And def put a taller strut. Im worried to take my truck through anything cause my stock shock is maxed out with that spring on the front.

Products Discussed in

To Top