1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec Bilstein 5100 coilovers questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by THROUGHITALLDUDE, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Jan 8, 2010 at 10:26 AM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE [OP] Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    so i bought some toytec coilovers with billy 5100's for a really good price thanks to Si. i wanted to ask for some insight on my upcoming lift etc. i having been seeing mixed feelings on these specific coilovers on TW and other forums granted i know that there is always mixed feelings on everything, lifts revolve around self preference. want i wanted to ask was "this is my first lift, i do not do very much offroading(i do offroad just not a ton) and this truck is my daily driver." what i want to make sure of most is that these will not ruin my trucks ride and that they will give me a 2.5-3inch lift without losing performance and not putting stress on anything." i originally was going to buy just billy 5100's and replace my OME one and from what i hear this coilovers are a better buy. i hear about some lifts causing shuttering but from what i saw that was the cause of rear end lifts and i may not lift my rear if i do i am going to possibly put blocks on it. what can i expect with these toytec coilovers i am just trying to figure this all out because this is my very first lift.

ps. immediately after lift i plan to get the alignment done

2. Jan 8, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    CAMZTRD

CAMZTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    hampton, va
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    billy 5100's @ 2.5 w/ 1/4 spacers, toytec aal, LR UCA's, revotec headlights,revotec taillights, lamin-x fogs, color matched grille and rear bumper, undercover, bed-extender, black nerf bars, scan gaugeII , afe drop in, 50 series flowmaster, 6000k bi-xenon hids, more to come.......
    your are going to need new UCA's to get a true alignment..if you are going to lift 2.5 or higher...

3. Jan 8, 2010 at 10:40 AM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    is that neccessary with any kind of lift or just coilovers

4. Jan 8, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
  5. Jan 8, 2010 at 10:48 AM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    so if i lift my truck to about 2.5 with my coilovers will the truck prob get a good alignment

6. Jan 8, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    1BlkT

1BlkT Mod'n on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black Sport Double Cab
    Allied 4'' Spindles, Sway A Way 2.5 Coilovers, Donahoe Remote Reservoir Shocks w/ Deaver 11Pack Leafs, Goodyear Duratrac 285's, Pro Comp Series 8128, Recessed Grill w/Hella 500's behind, Tint, Black TRD Skid Plate, Debadged, Tailgate Hose Clamp, Weathertech Mats, Aero Turbine 2525XL Exhaust, Volant Intake, RETRO'D Headlights by Yosh2000
    It doesn't matter what brand lift you get if you go above 2.5'' you want (NEED) new UCA's in order to get your alignment done properly. From what I've read and personal experiences it has been hit and miss as to whether or not you need new UCA's when you are at 2.5". I've rode in a truck at 2.5'' with stock UCA's and it felt totally fine. A lot of it will have to do with how close your alignment guy can get it to spec.

The only lifts I can think of that don't need new UCA's would be a drop bracket lift like fabtech/procomp or a spindle lift.

7. Jan 8, 2010 at 11:00 AM
    tmat

tmat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Treavor
    Cypress, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab, PreRunner
    BHLM, de-badged, custom Manoukian flowmaster exhaust system, Bilstein 5100 front adjustable shocks set at 1.75", "smoked" foglights, Satoshi grille mod, 265/75r16 BFG T/A KO tires, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, solid rear window, Weathertech floor liners and painted grill surround
    Well said. If your truck isn't a 4x4 and you have some money to spend I'd go with the spindle lift; it lifts the front 4" and it keeps the factory alignment. It's what I plan on doing to my truck. Just gotta save the $1k first :)

8. Jan 8, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    Dasler

Dasler Bobby D

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby D
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab
    Toytec Ultimate Lift 3"
    i did the ultimate toytec lift and i have NO shudder, shake. it actually rides better. i barely needed an alighnment. (got one of course). i dont think UCA's will help with a shudder. it actually happens from the rear.just my experience. yours maybe different..

Truck 003.jpg
    Truck 015 009.jpg
    Truck 005.jpg
    Truck 009.jpg

9. Jan 8, 2010 at 2:21 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    what i wanted to ask also is how do all these different guys run 3inch spacer lifts with stock UCA and do not have problems?

Boostntsi likes this.
  10. Jan 8, 2010 at 5:29 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    They may say its fine but is it?

Dont be stingy on your 30k truck and lift it right.

11. Jan 8, 2010 at 5:34 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    I have bilstein 5100s set at 2.5. I'll be at mod day tomorrow. You can drive my truck if you want. I'm anal. And I don't like my bilsteins. Ride is too harsh for me. To each their own though. I also neede new ucas. My alignment was way off. The truck wouldnt steer straight

Products Discussed in

To Top