1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec Coilover kit Question!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by KevLot17, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Mar 21, 2011 at 6:39 PM
    KevLot17

KevLot17 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '10 Blacked Out TRD Sport
    Debadged, Toytec Ultimate Lift, Banks Monster Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Black Grillecraft grille, Flat Black background headlights, Red Blinkers and markers with alternating turn signal mod, Krypton Bulbs 6000K Headlights and Fogs, Fog Light anytime Mod, LED interior lights with map light mod, AVS Black Taillight Covers, Tinted Windows, WeatherTech Digital floor liners.
    Ok guys.. im gonna order my Toytec Coilovers next week... heres my questions..

( im planning on XD Addicts or Revolvers, 4.5 BS 17x9, with a 285x75x17 and UCAs)

Rear.
    1. im getting the TSB done, should i do a 1.5 or 2" AAL?
    2. Is it a good idea to get the Axle shims?
    3. do i need extended shocks? im planning on getting 5100s, but wasnt sure if i needed longer shocks.

Front.
    1. im getting the 'unassembled kit'.. what should i se it at?
    2. Should i get the Carrier Bearing Drop?
    3. Should i get Differential Drop?
    3. Do i need sway bar relocates?

Ive been searching threads for an hour now and i have to go to work now(3rd shifter) and i just wanted to get the majority here... and ya its alot of questions but im sure there will be a handful of people who answer all different ones leading to every question answered!! Thanks in advance guys!:burnrubber:

2. Mar 23, 2011 at 4:29 AM
    Wattapunk

Wattapunk Stay lifted my friends !

Member:
    First Name:
    Uncle K
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2005 Dbl Cab LB 4x4 TRD
    Toytec CO's, IRONMAN rear leaf pack, All pro front bumper, Body Armor rear bumper, BA steps MB TKO's w/285/75/16 Terra Grapplers, Bakflip tonneau cover, autopage remote start alarm, Ultragauge
    Were you planning on adding the AAL the same time of the TSB? Really hard to tell which AAL to choose because the TSB lift amount varies with each member, especially if it may or may not settle later. Rear 5100's should be fine up to 2.5" lift.
    You will need the sway bar relocate kit to prevent rubbing with the new springs. Different drop is questionable, depends on who you ask. Here's a thread on it: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1s...ferential-drop-kit-before-after-pictures.html

I have the DD on mine w/o issues. I left my Toytecs CO's factory set at 2.5"

3. Mar 24, 2011 at 3:03 AM
    KevLot17

KevLot17 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '10 Blacked Out TRD Sport
    Debadged, Toytec Ultimate Lift, Banks Monster Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Black Grillecraft grille, Flat Black background headlights, Red Blinkers and markers with alternating turn signal mod, Krypton Bulbs 6000K Headlights and Fogs, Fog Light anytime Mod, LED interior lights with map light mod, AVS Black Taillight Covers, Tinted Windows, WeatherTech Digital floor liners.
    Well I'm about to get my tsb done.. before I lift. What size tires are you running. And any rubbing issues? I will search more on the diff drop when I get home to a computer. And as for the AAL.. I want a slight rake because I tow trailers and haul stuff in the bed so I don't want it looking like it sags... nice truck btw

To Top