1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

toytec coilover question???

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by houndsmen, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Aug 25, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    houndsmen

houndsmen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So one of my buddies took his taco for an alignment and the guy said that he could not align it because his passenger side was higher than the driver side. Well we put the coilovers on just the way they came from toytec. on level ground if you messure from the floor to the fender well the pass side is 40 3/4 and driver side is 40... and we messured from the lock washer to the bottom of the threads on the coilovers and both of them are exactly 2"??? should he lower the pass side to match the driver?

2. Aug 25, 2011 at 12:02 PM
    jberry813

jberry813 Professional Fluffer Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.
    First off measure from the center of the hub to the fender to get a more accurate number in lift. If you measure to the ground, you are not accounting for the differences in tire tred depth.

Second, the passenger side will always be higher than the driver's side if the coilovers are set identically. It's called Taco lean. Battery, gas tank, and driver are all on the driver's side and causes the driver's side to sit lower.

Crank up the driver's side, or crank down the passenger side, or both, till they match.

3. Aug 25, 2011 at 1:41 PM
    NegroTundra

NegroTundra Well-Known Member

Member:
    Land of Enchantment
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma TRD 4WD 5 spd
    ^What he said. However, find a different alignment shop while your at it; they should be able to align it just fine with that height difference. My guess is they were on step #1 of trying to convince your buddy something was wrong with his truck just to get more $$ out of him...maybe.

4. Aug 25, 2011 at 2:18 PM
    houndsmen

houndsmen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ok i will go over tonight and help him messure that, and also we just might crank up the driver side. but meantime, i think he outta find a new alignment shop also! :D

Products Discussed in

To Top